But he reached his highest vocals and even jumped in his spot startled as his eyes landed on the mirror and he saw his painted face.

"Is that how you watch the children?" I asked him, crossing my arms before my chest. "I agree we all look a little terrifying," he nodded his head, still looking at himself in the mirror.

"They were playing with the scissors, Draven!" I told him madly, holding him the scissors before his face.

"I can see that at my daughter's hair," he chuckled before prodding me with his elbow, "but hey, at least they didn't poke an eye out."

"Is that funny to you?" I asked him seriously. His laughter died and he took a serious attitude too, "No, of course not."

"How could you fall asleep and let them unguarded?" I asked him worriedly.

"Yes, Daven! How could you!" Zia intervened, crossing her arms like me. "Yes, daddy! How could you!" Lucy followed Zia's actions.

"It's Draven!" He told Zia offended who only shrugged. "And I'm your father, you should side with me," he said to Lucy, looking at her betrayed who shrugged too and smiled at me.

"And why am I the only one who's getting scolded?" he asked me confused, pointing to the children. "I didn't tell them to do that!"

"Mature! Very mature!" I sighed, nodding my head at his behavior. "Fix this all, otherwise you can get—"

"Not the couch," he shook his head threatened. "Oh, yes, the couch! If I don't see Lucy's hair fixed and the children's faces clean, in about two hours, you'll get the couch!" I told him seriously.

Putting the scissors in his hand, I walked out of the room, hearing him muttered something like calling his barber.

Sighing and rolling my eyes, I walked down the stairs, and headed to the library.

*****

I looked up as I heard footsteps, seeing Draven and the kids enter the library. "It has only passed fifty-nine minutes," he told me the time, making me smile, "and I cleaned them up before calling my barber to give Lucy a trim and cut aunty's hair before she thought to do it herself."

Letting go of the children's hands they ran towards me and got comfy on each of my side. "Mommy, look, I look like you!" Zia waved her short hair with her hands. "Me too!" Lucy did the same.

Smiling at them, I tousled their hair, before pulling them closer to me and kissing them, making them giggle.

"I've to say I am impressed," I smiled at Draven. "Shouldn't be after that threat," he said dryly, making me roll my eyes. "Stop acting like I threatened your life!" I told him with a frown.

"You threatened my ass with the couch, that's worse!" he said, acting hurt. Sighing at his cheeky attitude, I got up from the couch with the kids. Now that I was almost completely healed, all the bruises were also gone from my body, I could carry them on my hips.

"You'll get over it!" I kissed his cheek before walking away. "Wait! No couch tonight? Right?" he asked after me, making me chuckle as I walked away with the children.

ONE WEEK LATER

I was in the kitchen with the kids. We wanted to bake a cheesecake.

I stood on the counter because I couldn't reach the ingredients on the third shelf that we needed for our cheesecake.

As I gave the children the ingredients which they put on the kitchen island, the maid looked at me in horror.