17

He stood there, only have one feeling, the feeling of love.

She was frozen perfectly in place, ever detail of her face was the same as it was in him memories. Looking at the way her teal dress sat perfectly and her hair still curled neatly.

They were both frozen in that moment.

She, was literally in a block of ice. He, couldn't believe his eyes and because of the shock, he couldn't move.

When he could think clearly for a moment, he knew he had to wipe his tears and free her. He never knew that just seeing her in such a vulnerable state would effect him to this extreme.

He was quick to move, once the 'plan' was created in his mind. He just decided on punching his way out through the think ice to hold her once again.

Once Tony had made his way through the passage, he immediately noticed what Bucky was doing. In a state of panic, he ran to him, attempting to pull him away from his aggression, yelling for Steve's help.

"If you take her out the way you seem to be approaching this, she will die! We can try save her!" Tony yelled, once Steve had finally stopped his actions.

It was the words he said, particularly the phrasing of them.

'Save her'

I mean of course he's thought about it, imagined the she would one day be found and he could hold her in in his arms once more. Although he just passed it up as delusional thinking, something like that never happens. But then again, it was Sofia he was think of, so he kept the faith.

Tony and Bruce were figuring out how Howard's machines worked. They wiped the dust away, using old journals they had packed to attempt to figure his unique design.

Steve had sat Bucky down by the wall in the corner, both of them in an attempt to process what on earth was going on. Never once did he take his eyes off of her in that frozen state.

The ice was now broke, little bits of it scattered across the floor as a result of Bucky's need. Although Tony didn't think it would effect her that much, something that was a relief to Bucky, he couldn't bare the thought of being the reason she didn't get through this.

To him sitting there, not know whether or not the two geniuses would get her out of this, alive, was like his own form of torture. To just sit as the minutes, which then turned to hours, kill him.

Steve thought about what was going on back at home, now that it was a respectable time to rise. Maybe they were wondering where the four of them had gotten off to. Just mindless thoughts to take his mind off of this situation at hand.

They both sat in the corner of the room, sat in silence. Until Tony had that breakthrough moment.

With a lever pull, the room lit up. The boys sat in the corner were now fully visible to the scientists. They noticed how she was lit up on the chamber, now knowing how close they were to getting her free.

Once the room had been turned on, Bucky saw a glimmer of hope. Hope to run over and hover around Tony and Bruce, not to there appreciate might I add.

After another hour of working and attempting to understand, the right button was hit.

The chamber unfroze the ice, leaving her in perfect condition. The way she came out of that ice remind Bucky of his Hydra days, the method was the exact same.

He had to flick them violent thoughts out of his mind as he ran to her, carefully lifting her out of the chamber and falling to his knees with his love in his arms. Endless tears and quiet shaking to try wake her up, everyone around them choosing to take a step away from them.

"Come on Sofia, please Sofia.." He mumbled through his tears.

The only input Tony made was to give Bucky blankets, she would be near dead from the cold, if she wasn't dead already.

The rest of the team had given up, thinking that it was done with, apart from Bucky. He knew this was not how their story was supposed to end, it just wasn't.

After about 20 minutes of calling her name shaking her awake, he felt a twitch.

It was in her left arm, suddenly that hope was reborn in everyone around them. Then there was a stir in her, she was going to wake up.

Then her eyes opened.