16

Mid 1940.

Sometimes the quietest moments are the ones we cherish forever.

They are moments you never expect, unplanned. Like how at almost two in the morning, they were both laying in bed, still wide awake.

"What if we both just blow off work tomorrow, we can do anything you want.." Bucky smiled, holding her tightly in his arms.

"Howard wouldn't be impressed.." She giggled back.

"We can say you caught something, a disease. Then you could be all mine for days.." He smiled holding her tighter.

"I'm not making the call, you can inform him.." She smiled, looking up to his face and running her hands through his hair.

"Well what will we do with our time off?" He asked, slowly beginning to sit up in the bed, allowing her to rest her head on his lap.

"One of my friends went roller skating, apparently her partner kept falling over.." She smile.

"So you want to bring me somewhere that I'll probably hurt myself?" He said in a sarcastic offense.

"You know I didn't mean it like that my dear.."

"I know my love, but it would be quite fun.." He laughed, "I'll take you to a fancy restaurant, one that we do be seeing them rich folks dinning in-"

"You know we can't afford something such as that.." She said, running her hand up and down his leg.

"I'll put some money aside, we never treat ourselves these days.." He smiled.

That was true, they could barely keep up payments on this apartment. The cost of living in the city was high indeed.

They never had a nice meal, well recently anyway. Sofia couldn't cook, Bucky could only barely cook. Every New Years they made the resolution to learn, although they never did.

There meals were basic, or failed attempts of dishes from a recipe book. They didn't care, as long as they had each other.

She was always meant to learn how to prepare a home cooked meal by her mother, although at age six her mother passed away. Her father didn't know much in that area, according to him, kitchen work is a women's job.

So it was a skill she went without.

Upon receiving time of due to the 'disease' Sofia had, they made reservations to dine like the rich.

She dawned an light blue dress, doing her hair nicely and meeting her love in the living room to leave. He had worn his one good suit, dark black with a white shirt and red tie. He looked quite dapper, according to Sofia.

They were sat in a rather decent table, ordering a drink whilst looking to what they could afford on the menu. Once there beverages arrived, Bucky proposed a toast.

"To my darling Sofia," Bucky said, raising his glass.

"To my love James.." She said, clicking the glasses together.