11

They were sleeping less in the hope for answers.

Steve was devoting himself to find answers about his best friends girlfriend, Tony was looking for more on his father.

They were in Tony's old study, only a dim lamp was keeping the pair from complete darkness. They read the journals in silence. They were just focused on getting facts, and getting them fast.

Steve was annoyed as he flicked through the pages, he was learning of his close friends role in the serum, how she influenced Howard's work, how even he knew about Bucky's involvement.

Howard probably would have attempted to 'fondue' with her. He once told her that he was envious of how much love they shared, he hoped one day he could share that type of love with someone.

She always joked that he would have to leave his playboy life style behind for a nice lady, something she didn't believe he was capable of. He did eventually settle down, although she did live to see it.

"Your doing an awful lot to figure out what happened to this girl.." Tony said, looking up to Steve and then back to the journal he was reading.

"I wanna know too, she was my friend too.." Steve replied, flicking the page.

"Bucky was really upset, I've never seen him like that.." Tony replied, still reading.

"You've never seen the Bucky that Sofia brought out, a man in love.." He sniggered.

"My dad seemed to like her an awful lot.." He replied.

"She was a bit of a genius, Bucky would always listen to her talking about some experiment, even if he had no idea what any of her words meant.." Steve said, remembering those conversations.

"She's not just a bit of a genius," Tony said, scanning the pages, "She was probably smarter than my father.."

I don't believe Steve was aware of this, how actually smart she really was. He never understood what she was talking about, he just thought it was Howard's words.

"Buck would be happy to know you gave her the genius stamp of approval.." Steve laughed.

They spent the night looking through every page, if it had her name was written they would look in detail. Both learning about the girl Bucky called his, not getting any real evidence till they reached 1945.

"There's a project Howard keeps mentioning.." Tony said flashing Steve the page.

"Project PQ29, what does that mean?" Steve asked.

"I'm not sure, it's come up a few times but details haven't been shared.." Tony explained.

More insights would prove that this project became an obsession. Howard wanted it to work so bad, Sofia did as well. They were taking days without rest to just work on project PQ29, exposing little details.

The more the pair they learned, the more they wanted to know about the project. It was like they were on the edge of there seats for an answer, one they couldn't get.

It was taking days, almost reaching the end of the piles they had taken. There was more journals out there, in that secret bunker Howard owned, just hidden somewhere.

When they were reaching the end, they found something. It was Tony who found it first, reading it a few times over before showing it to Steve.

It was an answer that shocked him, shocked them both.