5

A few days had passed since Sofia was first talked about and at this point, the entire compound knew of her existence. Steve had asked Tony not to continue reading, thinking more about Sofia would become known to him and Bucky would want to speak of her first.

Everyone was curious as to who she was, they had their theories. Sister, mother, best friend, lover interest. Bucky knew that people were talking, but chose to keep to himself.

He was attempting to make himself some coffee, when Sam arrived in with questions. If wasn't the first time a teammate had interrupted his routine to ask something Bucky wouldn't answer.

"So, want to tell me about this Sofia girl? Tony said-"

Sam was cut of by Bucky slamming the cabinet shut, coldly staring at him.

"Okay, you don't wanna talk, at least you-"

"Stop looking for answers I'm not gonna give you.." He said, taking his drink somewhere else.

It was clear that he wasn't going to give it up, nobody was.

Later that night, whilst the group were hanging out in the lounge, Steve approach Bucky, wanting to pull him aside for a moment.

Bucky agreed and separated from the rest of the team, to see what news Steve had.

"I did some digging, on Sofia.."

Bucky eyes lit up, how just her name could giving him butterflies.

"I got you a photo, not only did I get you a photo, it's the same one you used to carry with you. Well not the exact one, but still.."

Steve extended his hand, revealing a brown envelope that Bucky deduced had the image he needed inside. He quickly took it out of Steves hand, hurrying back to his bedroom to see his love for the first time in many years.

"Wheres he gone?"

Steve turned to see the disruption in conversation giving Bucky the envelope had created, the team was watching there every move since the discovery of someone from their past.

"Nothing.." Steve muttered, attempting to drop the conversation all together.

"No really Steve, what was in the envelope?" Nat said, getting very serious.

"Drop it, okay?"

Steve shut everything down, this wasn't his thing to tell. It was Bucky's.

In his room, he took a deep breath before opening the envelope, releasing floods of tears from his eyes. It was her, in her blue sun dress from that day at the beach.

She was exactly how he remembered, down to every deal and he couldn't look away from the photograph for hours.

He was mesmerised by her, studying her every feature. The hair, eyes, smile. He could remember  that day so well, that day long ago in 1939 when this photograph was taken.