He put down his telescope in shock at what he saw. Was her family okay? Did they make it out? Who would do such a thing? What would he tell Emma? All he knew was that he had to tell her.

He looked out his spyglass one more time to make sure it wasn't just some awful joke. The far side of her castle was completely gone to the ground. That was the place where business was held, and it was completely destroyed. However, the other side of the castle, where all their rooms resided, seemed completely untouched. Almost as if it was meant to be that way. As a captain, he knew what warning shots looked like, and this surely did look like it. He couldn't think of why someone would want to hurt them... Nor how anyone could, considering how guarded their kingdom was.

"Killian?" Emma's sweet voice rang in the air, "Do you see Misthaven yet? What's the delay?" She asked sweetly.

He swallowed his emotions. A lifetime at sea and seeing many fallen kingdoms didn't compare to this. In a way, Misthaven was his home too. Snow treated him like a son in that castle, and David gave him his trust in one of the many fallen rooms. He and Emma shared many wonderful memories, from sneaking around to many small arguments... He couldn't imagine how he was gonna tell his princess, nor how she would take it having lived there her entire life, but he had to.

"Emma, come up here." He called out as he tried to hide his emotions and dismissed his crew.

"What is it?" She smiled.

Killian didn't say anything but handed her the telescope. She gave him a confused look but did as he wanted. As he watched her look out of it, he saw her face drop. He hated taking away her beautiful smile, but she needed to see it for herself. "I just thought that you should see it before we dock."

The princess handed the spyglass back and remained silent for a moment. A storm of emotions ran through her entire body. She felt her magic boil but didn't dare express how upset she truly was. "They're alive, I can feel it." She declared, avoiding eye contact with him.

Was it hope or denial? He didn't know and he wouldn't crush her hope just yet. They might have made it out alive. "Perhaps they retreated to the summer palace." He proposed.

She looked up to him, trying to hide the fear in her eyes. He was never one to be optimistic nor give hope. "I'd like to head to my castle when we dock. The summer palace can wait." She ordered as she headed back down the rope ladder.

The captain quickly followed with a look of concern all over her face, "Swan are you mad?" He spoke without thinking as they reached the deck. He paused as she turned and shot him a look of anger, "Darling, if they are there, are you sure you want to see them in such a state?"

Emma knew he was referring to them finding her parents dead. If they were dead she wanted to know, but she also knew her parents well. They weren't ones to be defeated so easily. They had no enemies, they had a loyal kingdom, and she had a job. "It's my duty to know and take care of my kingdom, regardless if I want to see them or not."

She walked away and he let her. If there was one thing he couldn't argue about, it was wanting to know the truth of what happened to your loved ones. Watching Liam die in his arms was painful, but he was sure it would've been more painful not knowing the truth nor being there for his brother in his final moments...

As they docked, the crew quietly dispersed as Emma waited for Killian to finish securing the ship. She found it exceptionally odd that no one from her kingdom came to greet her. The Jolly Roger was a massive ship. A ship that was too well known in her kingdom. As she looked out, she didn't see a single person, other than the crew. It was now late morning and the entire kingdom was usually awake and already hard at work doing whatever needed to be done.