His eyes darted back and forth as he tried to stop the tears from falling. Why did that man make him so emotional? "Aye." He choked out as Emma pulled him in for a hug.

    As she continued to hug him, she felt his body tremble. He was not one to cry, ever. She had seen him get emotional over Liam and even her sometimes, but never once had he fought to fight back a tear. This was uncharted territory and the princess wasn't sure what to say or do other than to hold him until he let go. "I'm sorry I left, I-"

    "No." He interrupted as he pulled away, "I should be the one to apologize. I should have just told you the truth instead of lashing out at you." His eyes glistened with sorrow and lust, "I know I do it more than you'd admit, but could you ever forgive me?"

    Emma felt her own tears form as she watched all the pain Killian was hiding. His ocean eyes never looked so desolated and his words had never been so perturbed. She pulled him back into a tight hug as she draped her arms around his neck, hoping somehow it would make his broken pieces fit back together. "Of course I forgive you." She whispered in his ear as he hugged her tighter, "I'm so sorry you had to face him alone."

    Killian buried his face into her neck, inhaling the comforting smell of roses that always lingered on her. No drink, no view of the sea, nothing, was ever as calming as being wrapped in her embrace. For a moment, he didn't feel broken and his head no longer ached. He was a man now. He didn't need his father, nor did he want that man in his life. To his delight, Emma didn't push for him to reconcile with the man who abandoned him. Even she thought this was a person who did not deserve forgiveness. "He asked about Liam." The captain revealed as he pulled away.

    The princess scoffed, "I know it's ill-mannered to say such a thing, but I hope what he did to you and Liam eats away at him every day." She said with seriousness all in her tone, "Did you tell him what happened to your brother?"

    He gently shook his head as he looked down at the dirt path, "No. All I told him was that he passed away from a deceitful ruler."

    Emma placed a comforting hand on his shoulder. She could never imagine the pain the man in front of her felt. She grew up loved by all those she met. She had people waiting at her hand and foot the moment she came into this world. Her mother adored her, her father cherished her. She would never know what it would be like to not have someone to turn to, not have someone to help guide you. All he had was Liam and he was long gone. She couldn't even begin to imagine life without her father. He was the first man to show her what love was. What a real man is, what a real father is. No words could comfort her pirate... "Killian, I'm so sorry... How- What kind of man just abandons his children then acts as if nothing happened?"

    "Someone who's not a man at all." The captain responded under his breath, "I don't mean to be rude, Swan, but can we not talk about it? I just want to get off this bloody island."

She quickly nodded her head, not offended that he wanted to drop the conversation. He wasn't one to talk about such personal things and she knew he didn't want to keep dwelling on the topic of his shameful father.

    As Killian began to retrieve all her fallen arrows, she went to pick up her bow and was greeted by a small blue bird who had a letter tied to its leg. "Hello there." She greeted the creature it landed on her finger.

    "Did you say something, love?" Killian called out as he picked up another arrow.

    A smile appeared on the princess's face, "It's a letter from Misthaven!" She said aloud as she observed her kingdom's crest on the envelope, "From Henry!"

    The captain felt his heart drop as his eye's widened. If she was to get any letters from home, it surely wouldn't be from the lad. "Emma!" He called out, trying to remain as neutral as possible, "Why don't we head back to the ship first, and then you can read his letter." He suggested, trying to buy himself some time. Not that it would matter now.

    "Don't be silly." She laughed as she opened the envelope, "I just have to decipher his scribbles and then we can leave."

Dear Princess Emma,

It's been a while since I've heard from you. Your parents tell me not to worry and that you're too busy to send a letter back. I know they wouldn't lie, but perhaps you could at least let me know you're okay?

As you know, my birthday was a week ago. Queen Snow made sure I had the most delectable cake and King David took me sailing around the kingdom with Violet! It was a good day, but I wish you and Killian could have been there. I get lonely in the castle when they are attending to their duties and Violet is away with her father...

They told me the other day that we will be heading to the summer palace until further notice. I'm not sure for what reason, but they urged me to pack quickly. I think it has something to do with Beaelfire's father, King Rumple. He was here not too long ago causing great trouble in the throne room. I wasn't allowed in there when he arrived, but I can tell it was not good. There was much yelling from the visiting king and your name came up a few times.

After getting caught, they sent me to my room. Little do they know I can hear them in the library whispering when I sit on my bed. I know I should probably tell them, but I couldn't help myself. It was mainly about the baby. I hope it's a boy! I'd love someone to play with during the day when everyone's busy. If it's a girl, that would be cool too. Maybe I could teach the baby some of my wood carving skills! King David said my carving skills aren't needed in the castle, but I'm afraid it's all I know how to do...

Anyways, please tell Killian I said hello and that I've been working on my rope tying skills! I also hope this letter finds you before the King of Ambrosia returns. Baelfire said he's been doing his best to "control his father", whatever that means. I miss talking to you. You were the only one who ever treated me more than a kid.

Hope to see you soon,
Henry

    Killian quietly watched as Emma's eyes darted back and forth. Maybe the boy wouldn't say too much. "Emma?" As approached her cautiously.

    "We need to go." She vocalized as she quickly gathers to belonging.

    "What, why?" He tried to play it off as if he knew nothing.

    She shoved the letter at him as she continued to gather her things, "They're heading to the summer palace." She answered as she began to walk away, "We never go there anymore, at least not since before my studies began. It's supposed to be for my parents when they step down from their throne."

    "Perhaps they just wanted to get away for a bit." He tried to think of an excuse as he scanned the letter, "Running a kingdom is hard, darling." He said as he tried to catch up.

    "And there was something about a baby." She ignored his comment, "What baby? Surly my mother couldn't be pregnant."

    "Well, love, it's not that hard to make a baby." He laughed, trying to ease the moment.

    The princess shot him a dirty look, "Gather the crew. We need to go home and for real this time." She stopped to look at her pirate, "If you won't take me home, I will find someone else too. To hell with my parent's wishes. I should have known something was up when they didn't ask me to come home."

    The captain looked in her eyes and could tell she was dead serious. There would be no more stalling at this point. She didn't know everything, but she knew enough to the point where he couldn't delay anymore. All he hoped was that he could get a letter back to her parents to warn them about their arrival. "Aye, love. I'll take you home."

She nodded her head and turned around to start walking back to the ship. Killian watched as she went further into the distance, not bother to see if he was keeping up. Time was running out and so much was on the line. Her kingdom, her new brother or sister, their relationship, and her life. If he thought seeing his father was the worse thing that could happen to him, he was in for a rude awakening.

Much shorter chapter than I was hoping for, but I hope you enjoyed! Things are getting good. ;)