Chapter Three Family Ties

Nicolas stood with James Drew and Nicolas Ashworth. James was tall with light brown hair and cold grey eyes. They had just watched several ships take off out of the mountainside. "Drew if you can keep my daughter from marrying the traitor, I will give you permission to!" said Nicolas.

"Yes, Master Walker," said James Drew with a smile.

"Now the Elite knights usually do their run on the top of the mountain!"

Movement below caught his eye. A woman holding a child looked out at the night sky. The child looked up at him and his own green eyes starred back at him. "It's Daniela and her youngest daughter." Nicolas stood and jumped to where his ex-wife stood. She half turned and looked at him then back at the sky. "Why didn't you tell me our youngest lives?" he asked heatedly.

"Nick, you know the answer!" she replied.

Amethyst giggled and put her head-on Daniela's shoulder and turned away from her father. "Whatever you're planning involving Sage I would not bother. Our daughter is stronger then you know!"

"So, you keep saying," he replied with a sigh.

"If you do anything to harm Sage, you will be dealt with," she replied calmly and finally turned to face him. "She is a free soul and you know how she can be once her mind is set!"

Amethyst was watching the exchange; her Mom was always so cool! "Mom, Sissy," said Amethyst and pointed to the sky.

"What is her name?" asked Nicolas looking up.

"Amethyst Selena Craft," she said and tapped her ear comm. "Go ahead!"

There was a pause and her eyes lit with furry. "Copy I will be there in a moment," and without another word spoken she disappeared. Daniela arrived at flight command still holding Amethyst. "I want Omega brought back now!"

"Yes Ma'am," said a Lt. and leaned over the comm. "Omega flight Master Craft requests you return!"

"Copy that Command Omega is on the return!" replied Jarrid.

"Lieutenant patch me through, so I may speak to my son privately!"

"Yes Ma'am," he replied quickly tapped a few switches and nodded to her.

"Jarrid," said Daniela through her comm.

"Go ahead," he replied on her ear comm.

"What's going on out there?"

"Sissy's engines where knocked out by an energy pulse, she was then pulled into one of Fowler's ship. We tried to get her back but..."

"What Jarrid?" she asked.

"When we failed, Ian lost it and is trying to go after her."

"Lieutenant patch me in with Major Harwood please?"

"Yes Ma'am!"

It took a moment and she could hear Ian's voice. "I am not leaving her in their hands!"

"Major Harwood you will turn that ship around right now!"

"Sorry Master Craft I cannot do that!"

"Ian Alex Harwood!" she said sternly.

He signed, "Yes Daniela I will return!"

"Good and Ian we are going after her!" said Daniela with a tear coming to her eye. "I will meet you on the flight deck! Command out," said Daniela.

***

When Sage's engines where knocked out there was a violent jerk and she smashed her head into the side of the canopy and went unconscious. When the canopy of her ship was removed, Tessa leaned over the side, removed her helmet, and checked her pulse. "She is unconscious Casey."