Part 15

Y/n awoke to the sound of bustling movement filling their ears. Their eyes flittered open, and they surveyed the room they were now in. It appeared to be a hospital room, with several nurses attending the row of patients lying in beds adjacent to Y/n. Y/n attempted to sit up, but instead pain shot through them like a bullet leaving them unable to do nothing more than shift slightly into a more uncomfortable position than they already were in.  With the pain coursing through their body, Y/n could do nothing more than fall back into a restless sleep.

     The next time Y/n awoke they were in a smaller room, and appeared to be the only patient. For a moment, they believed that they were also the only person in the room, but that belief was clearly mistaken, as Y/n made the discovery of a small head dipping down to study something lying on the floor.

     Her green hair swished in curls around her head and framed her face in a way that was reminiscent of her sister. She huffed and brushed some of it out of her face, glancing up at the clock near the door leading out of the room. 

     Y/n shifted up in their bed, finding that they could now at least sort of sit up, though the position they were sitting in left the hunched over so they could barely sit up straight.

     At the sudden movement, Tatsumaki whipped their head around and glared at Y/n.

     "What the hell happened!?" She interrogated. "I go into the Hero Association HQ to start work and I hear about how you broke a rib fighting a Dragon Threat? What the hell is wrong with you, you moron!?"

     Y/n let out a quick laugh, and immediately regretted it. Pain filled their chest and they felt as if they couldn't breathe for a moment. 

      "This is nothing to laugh at! You're such a pain in the ass, thinking you can take a threat level Dragon like that." She continued. "Are you stupid? Oh right, that's not anything new." 

      Y/n glanced outside. It was dark out.

     "Yeah sure sure. You should've seen the other guy." Y/n responded. They gestured towards the window. "What are you even doing here? Isn't it past your bedtime?" 

     Tatsumaki scoffed. 

     "I'm here to make sure you aren't dead." She answered. "Your welcome."

     Y/n smiled. Despite how much Tatsumaki pretended that she didn't care, Y/n knew that deep down she did. 

      "Well I appreciate you being here." Y/n sighed. "I broke a rib?"

      "Mhm" Tatsumaki turned and stared out the window. "You think you're gonna be okay soon? There have been rumors about the Monster Association." She asked.

      Y/n was taken aback. 

    Since when was there a threat from the Monster Association? Y/n thought. 

     "I hope so." They responded. 

     Tatsumaki nodded. 

     "The Hero Association execs are thinking about the possibilities of launching an attack." Tatsumaki turned back to Y/n and looked them in the eyes. 

     "Would you be willing to team with me in the event of an attack?" She asked.

      Y/n sat up in their bed.

     They pretended to think it over for a second, but really Y/n knew what their answer was going to be. Having a powerhouse like Tatsumaki on their team would be a huge help.