Part 13

Yawning, Y/n tumbled out of bed and onto the floor. Yesterday had been so tiring for them that before they knew it they had slept in several hours past their usual wake up time. Getting up, Y/n began going through the motions of getting ready for the day.

     Grabbing their bag, Y/n headed out the door and into the street. It was only then that they realized they had no clue what they were going to do today. Sighing, Y/n shifted their bag and got on the subway. After a few minutes of aimlessly staring out the window, they remembered that they had to return the malfunctioning drones to the Hero Association HQ. Instead of waiting until they got to the proper bus stop, Y/n decided to get off early and walk the rest of the way there, hopefully giving their body and mind a chance to wake up.

     As they walked down the sidewalk, Y/n felt their phone ring.

     "Hello?" Y/n greeted.

     "Hello Y/n," The voice began. "We've contacted you today to ask that you join a few of your colleagues on a special mission."

     Special mission?  Y/n thought. They glanced down at the contact for who was calling. The Hero Association. They pretended to think about it for a second before responding, even though they knew they weren't incredibly occupied that day.

     "Sure I guess. I'm not busy." Y/n responded.

     "Great." The voice replied. "We'll debrief you once you reach Headquarters."

      Y/n sighed and put their phone away. This was their first call from the Hero Association that involved their career as a hero, and now they were expected to go on a special mission.

     I suppose it couldn't be as difficult as that alien spaceship. Y/n thought. They began to pick up the pace slightly. This was exciting. 

     By the time they had reached the HQ Y/n had already dreamed up several possible monsters they would be fighting. Y/n wondered what threat level it would be.

     "Y/n! Thank you for coming." A voice called. 

     Y/n looked up to see a man dressed in a black suit come running up to them waving several papers for which Y/n assumed were supposed to be informational. 

     "The other heroes are already here and debriefed." He panted. "If you could just read these papers and get caught up, that would be great." Y/n nodded.

     "Will do." They responded.

     "If you would just follow me," He gestured, clearing away the swarms of people to allow Y/n to follow the man through the crowd and further into the building. 

     Once they reached the meeting room, it became clear to Y/n that they were the least prepared person in the room. The rest of the heroes, all either A or B Class, were waiting with weapons stashed but not too far away from reach. 

     Standing in the room were B Class heroes Glasses, Shooter, Wild Horn, and Gun Gun. Near them were the A Class heroes Smile Man, Stinger, Chain'n'Toad, and Death Gatling. Lined up against the wall, it felt as if Y/n was interrupting some sort of deep conversation.

     "Ah, I see the new hero has come to join us." Wild Horn noted.

     Y/n nodded and walked over to stand next to Glasses. Y/n had never personally met him, but he had always seemed like a nice guy whenever Y/n saw him doing hero work. If any of these heroes were secret assholes, Y/n figured that Glasses would be the least likely candidate.

      Y/n began shuffling through their bag, searching for the papers that contained all of the information for the mission. But, despite their thorough look, they couldn't seem to find what they were looking for.