Part 3

Thunderous tremors shook the building, leaving no room for clear thoughts. Y/n ducked under the table and put their hands over their head. Several other heroes did the same, and Y/n found themself curled up next to Child Emperor. Another round of quakes shook the table, forcing Y/n to clutch the nearest thing they could hold, which happened to be Flashy Flash, the hero whom Y/n had not realized was next to them. 

     At the sudden sensation of human contact, Flashy Flash glanced toward Y/n and gave a questioning look. Y/n attempted to straighten themself, but only succeeded in nearly falling backwards. 

     "Are you okay?" Flashy Flash asked, raising his voice to be heard over the roaring tremors. Y/n nodded, for they could barely even squeak out a noise, let alone words. Y/n gritted their teeth, gripped the edge of the table, and pulled themself up. The shaking continued, while Child Emperor grabbed her arm and pulled himself up. Y/n looked under the table to see if Flashy Flash needed help too, but he was gone. 

     Then, the shaking stopped. It felt quiet. Too quiet. Then the room erupted in sound.

     "Who could have known the prophecy might have come true now?! All of City A has been destroyed in an instant!" Sitch panicked at the front of the room. Shock ran through Y/n's body as they attempted to process the information.  

     "Hey! Why is this building still standing?" Silver Fang asked, seemingly looking for a small bit of hope that people had managed to escape. Y/n shook their head.

     "This building was built by Metal Knight to be virtually indestructible; just because this building survived definitely does not mean that the other buildings did too." Y/n explained. The other heroes looked around with dismay. Sitch began hyperventilating in the front of the room; clearly not suited for high stress situations.

      "We should go out to check the enemy! Maybe they're not the prophecy." Child Emperor suggested. The other heroes all seemed to agree and were looking for a way to get out of the shelter. Genos began frantically searching for someone, that someone Y/n assumed was the B Class hero from earlier. Maybe he ran. It wouldn't be surprising; B Class heroes were not meant for these kinds of situations. 

     But then, Genos looked up, and seemed to breathe a sigh of relief. Y/n followed his gaze to the ceiling, where there was a massive hole. 

     Y/n stood in shock. 

     How could anyone destroy a piece of this building so quickly? It couldn't have been that Class B hero, could it?  Y/n thought. No, it must've been weakened from the blast. That must be it. Y/n reasoned. Y/n looked around, and began sending a signal to their robots that they left outside. Child Emperor signaled Y/n over to where he was standing.

     "Did you happen to bring anything that can fight?" Child Emperor asked hopefully. Y/n nodded. 

     "I never go anywhere without Archie." Y/n responded. Child Emperor smiled and shook his head.

     "I can't believe that you named you giant killer robot Archie." Watchdog man commented. 

     "I mean, what else could I have named it? With those looks, Archie was the perfect fit!." 

     "It definitely is not." Child Emperor added. Y/n rolled their eyes and put a hand over their heart, pretending that they had just hurt their feelings. 

     "Anyway, I'm going back to Q City." Watchdog man announced. 

     "Wha-" Y/n began

     "But what about this attack? We need all the fighters we can get!" Child Emperor started, but he was already gone. Child Emperor breathed a sigh of discontent and signaled for his backpack to begin climbing out of the hole in the ceiling, which had become the preferred exit for most heroes leaving the building at the time. Y/n grabbed ahold of one of the tentacles and hitched a ride up to the top of the building. 

Tatsumaki x ReaderOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara