Part 6

As they began their descent, Archie began tumbling through the air rather than flying. 

     Shit shit shit. Y/n thought. Archie was running out of energy. Y/n reached across Flashy Flash to where they had kept a storage of extra energy, but to their dismay it was all out too. Y/n cursed and returned to the controls. 

     Archie took a sudden dive. Y/n tried to reach for the controls, but they were jammed. Panic flooded through Y/n as they repeatedly retried various maneuvering techniques. Y/n's hands began shaking uncontrollably and their breathing spiked.  Their hands loosened on the controls as they slipped further and further into an impending anxiety attack. Various futures of dying painfully after smashing into piles of rocks flashed through Y/n's mind, doing nothing to quell the fear and panic that was now a frequent companion.

     Y/n gritted their teeth and tugged the controls upwards again, this time with more force and less regard for whether the controls survived the encounter. The controls were definitely jammed. Y/n's breathing waivered as they struggled to to free the piece of equipment that lay before them. Y/n took another  panicked look at the controls and realized that there was a small rock jammed in between the right and left controls. Y/n's eyes widened as they realized what the problem was. All they needed now was to get that rock out. Y/n looked over at Flashy Flash and before he could realize what they were doing, Y/n grabbed his sword and began trying to wedge it in between the controls.

     Flashy Flash looked taken aback as Y/n repeatedly wedged his sword into the controls on the ship. Y/n glanced out the window with dismay. They were still tumbling toward the ground at top speed and Y/n was nowhere near getting the controller free. Y/n's panic rose again and they knew that this time there was no getting through it. They took a deep breath and turned to Flashy Flash.

     "I don't think we're gonna make it." Y/n confessed, careful to keep their voice steady. Flashy Flash turned with a look of concern. 

     "We're not going to survive?" Flashy Flash asked, somehow miraculously keeping his cool. Y/n nodded, unable to keep their hands from shaking. Flash Flash looked out the window towards their impending doom. Y/n closed their eyes and took deep breaths. 

     I'm going to die hurtling towards Earth after I just defeated an alien monster in a giant spaceship. Y/n thought. Flashy Flash reached over and snatched his sword from Y/n's hands while examining the controls. Meanwhile, the ground grew closer and closer every passing second, carrying their imminent death with it. 

     Just as Y/n was beginning to think of their final words, a green glow filled Archie. The glow seemed to wrap around every object in the aircraft  and propel it upwards, leaving only a few inches of air between Archie and the ground.

     Tatsumaki!  Y/n realized. They had been saved. Y/n looked over at Flashy Flash.

     "We're safe! Thanks to Tatsumaki at least." 

     "I would have been fine on my own." Flashy Flash stated. Y/n groaned and smacked their head.

      "Right! Because you have psychic powers that could have saved us!" Y/n replied sarcastically. Flashy shook his head.

     "I don't need psychic abilities to survive encounters such as this."

     "Uh-huh"

     Y/n unbuckled the seatbelt and threw open the door leading outwards. 

     Fresh air hit them like a tidal wave. But the feeling of freedom didn't last too long. Winds brushed over the barren landscape; the only thing still standing was the Hero Association headquarters. Bits and pieces of destroyed buildings flew by, no longer held together in  intricate structure. Y/n shuddered. One can only imagine the casualties. 

Tatsumaki x ReaderOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara