Part 14

Y/n awoke to the loud bleeping of an alert on their phone. Still groggy, they fumbled around until they heard an even louder thunk of what they assumed was the sound of their phone falling onto the awaiting floor below. Groaning, Y/n tumbled out of bed and snatched it off the floor.

     Alert - A threat level Dragon has been spotted near the outskirts of Z City. Any A or S Class hero will be greatly needed and promptly summoned to fight.

     Y/n jumped up and quickly began assembling their equipment bag. If this was truly a threat level dragon, then they would need all the help they could get. Especially if they couldn't get any S Class heroes join the fight. Y/n knew how high of a chance this may be from experience. 

     Sprinting out the door, it wasn't until they had already gotten into Archie and were nearly there that they heard the small meow coming from their bag. Y/n froze and peered into their bag nearly having a heart attack when they looked. There was Isa, watching Y/n contently from the comfort of Y/n's  sweatshirt that they had carelessly thrown into the bag.

     Isa must have jumped in when I wasn't looking!  Y/n cursed. Y/n paused for a moment considering their options, but then decided that it wasn't worth turning back now, so they reached for their bag and safely stored it in one of the compartments so Isa could be safe. They continued down the street to where the action was.

     After several minutes of tunneling under cities, Y/n and Isa arrived in City Z. There, the fight had already begun. 

     A large, towering creature stood before them, its massive body creating a shadow that covered the entire city. The creature resembled that of a bear, with its razor-sharp claws and rough, matted fur. It opened its mouth and bellowed across the city, challenging any hero that dared to get close.

     That was when Y/n noticed a small movement in the corner of their eye. They peered across the clearing up ahead and zeroed in on the hero that seemed to be hiding among the bushes.  

     Genos!  Y/n realized. And... Saitama?

     Y/n wildly gestured their arms as they attempted to get the attention of the two heroes. 

     Genos was the first to notice Y/n's frantic efforts to get their attention and quickly notified Saitama of their presence. Saitama looked up and casually gestured for Y/n to join them.

     How is Saitama so calm right now?  Y/n thought.          

     Y/n assessed the dangers of attempting to cross the large park. Normally, Y/n would be able to jog across this area in less than 15 seconds, but with that giant bear-monster watching, Y/n would have to be extra careful. Y/n knew they wouldn't be able to use Archie to get across because before Archie could get underground it would make a lot of noise; noise that Y/n did not currently want near them. After a few more seconds of debating, Y/n made the decision to try and get to the other side of the park.

     Y/n crouched on the ground and slowly rose to their feet. Keeping low, they slowly began crossing the park. Once they were about halfway there, Y/n paused behind a large tree. They peeked around a nearby bush to once again survey their surroundings, and to decide where they would take cover next. While they were searching the area, Y/n felt a slight breeze behind them. They whipped their head around and nearly yelped in surprise. Crouching behind Y/n was Flashy Flash. 

     "Holy shit you surprised me."  Y/n whispered. Flashy Flash smirked and looked back at Y/n.

     "Well I am faster than light itself."  He bragged.