I pouted as she scurried out of the room and looked up at Azrael in confusion.

"Why is everyone so scared of you, you're not even mean!"

"How do you know her?"

I frowned as he ignored my statement but replied anyway.

"I saw her at the garden yesterday. She's nice, do you think she'd want to be my friend?"

He seemed to relax at my answer.

"I don't see why anyone wouldn't."

I grinned up at him and he looked down at me, the corner of his lip twitching upwards as he did.

"I'll take you to the village."

"Yay!" I squealed.

"But only if you listen to every word I say."

"Yes, yes I will—"

My eyes widened as his hand found my throat and he forced my head upwards.

My breathing was shallow as I tried not to make it obvious how winded the action made me feel, but with his thumb on my racing pulse, I knew my efforts were futile.

"I'm serious Rose. I don't want us drawing any unwanted attention. Most of these people have never seen a faerie in their life and while I won't hesitate to deal with any problems, I know you wouldn't like that."

My mind flashed back to the servant boy and his reaction towards me—my expression sobered up when I realized my mate was right.

"Oh...we don't have to go then, I don't wanna cause any trouble."

"We're going." He insisted while cupping my cheeks. "Just be good for me, yeah?"

His eyes locked on mine expectantly with a raised brow.

"Yes daddy." I whispered. My cheeks flushed as I voiced the pet name even though all the servants had left us moments ago once they cleared out the space.

He gave my nose a kiss and I whined in protest at the ticklish sensation.

"Hold my hand."

Azrael grabbed my palm before I could even offer it to him and pulled me through the doors to leave the castle.

Before we walked out though, he slid on a pair of black tinted shades and I swear to the gods I felt my lower parts flutter at the sight.

"So pretty." I whispered; although I bit my lip right after—I didn't mean to say that out loud.

"My baby's a sweet thing, isn't she?" Azrael murmured down at me. "I'm just using them to hide my eyes but I'm glad I have your approval."

My body buzzed from the attention but I had to look away from his piercing gaze as he towered over me. It was effortless how intimidating he was, how small he made me feel.

"Let's go before someone notices we're gone."

My brows furrowed at his words as he pulled me outside.