Chapter Six: Newt

Her face was ashen, and she glued her eyes back to the body of the crank. The snarls were getting louder now, and fear lit up Scarlett and Pearl's face. Pearl bent down next to Roxxy, and wiped some of the black blood off of her check. "We really need to go." I heard her whisper, and she gently guided her away from the corpse. I was almost the same as that body. Scarlett darted into the first room, and came back overflowing with supplies. She shoved some into my arms, and gave me a purse to carry. It was bright pink.

"We didn't have any others!" Scarlett said, holding back a laugh. Yeah, except the brown backpack that was strapped to her. As I emptied the medicine into the new purse, Scarlett gave another bag to Roxxy who had put on a brave face, but was standing ten feet away from the dead crank.

Trying to ignore the bubble gum pink purse, I asked "Where do we go?" Scarlett had started tying Pearl's shoe, so Roxxy stared back at me.

She cleared her throat, and scanned the room."We made an escape route," She began, reaching inside my purse, "...which leads to a getaway car." She pulled out a map, which was sketched on graph paper. She guided her finger across the lines, until she came across a very large symbol. "X marks the spot where we fell apart." She mumbled to herself, putting the paper in a jean pocket. Pearl and Scarlett stood up, and started to walk down the hallway. "Let's go." She commanded, gesturing to the halls. Scarlett pulled out a broken rod irons, and handed one to Roxxy and held a firm grasp on the other. Roxxy brought us down a new hallway, one I've never been in. Groans started again, this time from behind us. Chills ran down my spine, and I pushed away the thought that I was almost like them. Maybe I was like them, but towards the end, I didn't even realize it. The darkness had swallowed me, and I could barely escape. The times I did were fleeting, and didn't last very long. The moans of the cranks had turned into words, making sentences that didn't quite make sense. The girls broke out in a jog, and a dull pain shot up my leg. Scarlett went behind me, probably because I'd get eaten by a crank if I was left alone for too long.

"Not fair, not fair, " They shouted, making Pearl whimper. "Not fair, not fair," it continued, voice echoing in the halls. "not fair not fair not fair" The crank started screeching, making the jog turn into a full on sprint. As we ran through the twisting hallways, the screams got louder and louder, and we got slower and slower. Roxxy and Pearl had run up ahead, assuring us that they'd get the car all ready. The pain from my leg had gotten worse, instead of a throb just constant torment. When we turned to another hall, it finally gave out. Cursing up a storm, I fell to the ground. I was too weak to even do this. I struggled to stand up, but the bloody thing wouldn't support any of my weight.

"Newt!" Scarlett cried out, rushing to my side. She grabbed my arm, and tried to pull me up. But it didn't work.

As the screams got louder, there was only one thing to do. Well, one smart thing to do. "Run." I hissed, but she wouldn't listen. She pulled me up again, only to drop me on the floor. "Scarlett, you need to get out of here right now." The cranks protests had gotten even louder, and I could see the terror in her. "You need to protect Pearl. Roxxy can't do it on her own." Tears had started to fall from her cheeks, but the internal battle inside her had ended. She was immune, and so was her brother. She had the cure, and two smart girls to help her. She wanted to live, and she actually could. Sobbing, she ran as fast as her legs could carry her. Just as her head turned the corner, the crank appeared in my sight. "Let's get this over with." I mumbled. This crank was worse than the others, and I just prayed Scarlett hadn't seen it. Every single vein was pulsing black blood, and it was even spewing out of its mouth. Rotten flesh was falling off, and one of its eyeballs had been gouged out and had a dark hole in it's skull.

"Help." It said, a strangled call. "Kill me." It fell to the ground, maybe so it could be closer to me. It dragged itself across the floor, although it was a slow process.

Newtmas: Til Death do us Partजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें