Chapter Ten

A/N: Holy Shit. We have 100 reads. Thank you guys so much. Um unfortunately I won't be able to post again till Monday, so I'm posting this today instead of tomorrow. If you're wondering what I'm doing all weekend, don't. Because I'll tell you, I'm just going camping with my family. :/. Again thank you guys so much.

"Belle," I heard Ezio call me.

I was heading off to bed and was about to enter my room, but decided to stop.

"Follow me," he said then lead me to his office.

I sat down in the chair in front of his office while he sat on the other side.

"I'm so sorry for everything that has happened to you," he apologizes.

"No need to apologize Ezio," I say.

"No... if I had looked harder for your mother, Lisa, I would've found you," he frowns.

"Lisa was good at covering her tracks," I state.

"Yeah," he forces out a chuckle, "unfortunately."

"Is that all you wanted to say?" I ask him.

"I had no idea you existed," he quickly says.

"Yeah okay, but you had my twin brother?" I ask raising one eyebrow.

"7 months before you were born I had just figured out that your mother was pregnant. She always freaked out whenever she found out she was pregnant. So, I didn't think much about this freak out. I should've," he shakes his head disappointed in himself. "Your mother that night decided to run away. I spent restless nights looking for her. Up until one night. It had now been 7 months and past your guys' due date. I was still looking, but this night there was a knock at the door. Your brother Fabio answered, but only saw Alessio on the door step."

He took a pause to breathe then continued, "We did a test on Alessio and myself. Sure enough, he was mine and your mother's. That's how our DNA got into the system that they used to find you."

He then looked at me to read my face, but I kept it stone cold.

I then studied him for any traces of lies. The more I looked at him the more genuine he seemed.

"So, you stopped looking for her after that?" I ask emotionless.

"For a year, then I felt like she was hiding something, so I looked again, but came up empty handed," he tells me.

"I'm going to bed. Good night," I nod to him getting up.

"Good night," he frowns.

I entered my room and hear my old phone ring.

"Hello?" I answer it.

"Belle," I heard a thick Russian accent on the line.

"Igor, what do I owe the pleasure to?" I ask him.

"I need someone killed and I heard that you are in the states," I could hear his smirk as he said that.

"You're in luck," I tell him.

He gave me the target. It was just a small gang leader and I have all night to kill him.

My first mission back and it's a piece of cake.

I changed into an all black outfit and a mask that just covers the bottom of my face and climbed down the side of the house with my only good arm.

I jumped the fence as the guards looked away and made a run for it.

———

"Hello," I grin.

"Who are you?" He spits.