Chapter 48 ◈ The Prophecy

"I never thought I'd step foot into this place again

"I never thought I'd step foot into this place again."

Demetrius and I stood in front of Olympian High's principal office. Along with the rest of the campus, the two-storey building looked the same as I last saw it a week before getting taken to Kingston Mansion in England. For some reason, my father wanted to visit the school and look around.

Father. Hm. . . The word sounds weird in my head, but I should probably get used to calling him that from now on.

I shrugged. "Never say never, I guess. You never know what the future holds."

"Indeed," he said. "The future is quite unpredictable, even for me."

I nodded in agreement.

He sure didn't expect Rhea to come to get him only to be swallowed by the earth. I still can't believe what happened that day.

"Apparently, not a lot of things changed during. . . my absence." Demetrius roamed his gaze around. "With everything that we've been through, I expected Cybele to remove every trace of me in this place."

"Maybe she still liked something that you did?" I said. "Something about the school, I mean."

"Maybe," he said, contemplating. "By the way, where are your friends?"

"Um, I think I saw Athena and Zeus go to their classes earlier in the day," I replied. "And Poseidon. . . I don't know, he probably went somewhere."

He sighed. "He's still mad at me, isn't he?"

I remained silent.

"I. . . I'll talk to him when he's ready." Putting his hands in his pockets, he looked at me. "I've never asked, but how about you? A-Are you mad at me as well?"

My lips pressed into a thin line.

I'm not sure what to feel about it, to be honest. I still don't know a lot of things about Demetrius-I don't know what type of person he is and whatnot-so I don't think I'm the one to judge his decisions.

But what I do know is that I feel. . . confused. And that word doesn't even justify the feeling enough.

"It's alright if you don't answer my question, Amelia." He gave me a tight smile. "But for now, will you show me the way please?"

"Okay."

I went into the office first, and Demetrius followed. As we passed, Alyana, Rhea's secretary, looked up from her table. I gave her a nod of acknowledgment. She did the same before turning back to her work.

She doesn't know that the man walking behind me was Olympian High's-or rather, Kingston Academy's-old headmaster. She also doesn't know that he will be her new boss.

The moment we entered the elevator, I pressed the lowest button from the side. The doors closed and a little screen replaced the buttons. I pressed my thumb on the surface and a second later, a small ping resonated inside the elevator.