8

Flynn's POV

Lightning took off down the streets, zooming across the English landscape. I had to hold onto my seat to keep myself in place. But that wasn't even the worst of it. After 526273 seconds of trying not to die while lightning went at top speed, a semi truck was approaching us head on.

"Lighting!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. "We're gonna die!"

"Oh frick you right! I forgot British people drive on the other side of the road!" Lightning shouted back. He yanked himself to the left as quick as possible, barely missing the semi as he got on the correct side of the road.

"Babe, I think I'm gonna throw up," I said, my stomach churning.

"I swear, Flynn, if you throw up on me—" Lightning started.

"JUST SHUT UP AND PULL OVER ALREADY!"

I jumped out of the door almost immediately after Lightning pulled over. I heaved into the grass next to the road. The contents of my stomach spilled out of my mouth onto the ground. It was kind of bluish since all I ate today was 26 packs of gushers and 567 blue gummy bears.

Strong arms wrapped around my body from behind. I turned to see Lightning looking at me with a concerned face. "Sorry," he said. "I went too fast didn't I?"

I just looked at him with a dead stare. "Okay! Okay, I know your angry at me. I just wanted to make sure you were alright." Something about him made it hard to stay mad at him. I rolled my eyes and pulled lightning into a tight hug. He kissed the top of my head and pulled away after a minute.

He handed me a pack of breath mints cautiously, as if I would yell at him for it. I rolled my eyes again before dumping a few mints in my mouth and handing the pack back to Lightning. He can be so stupid sometimes.

He pulled me back into his arms and ran his hands through my long brown hair. His fingers danced across the nape of my neck, sending a shiver down my spine. I grabbed the lapels of his jacket and pulled his lips to mine.