2

Flynn's POV

It went on like this for six days. I would try to talk to Lightning, but he always left. I think that the red sports car belongs to him. It's always rushing away when Lightning disappeared. I decided that I would try to follow him and see where he is always going. By this time I knew that he had a class that got out at three so I waited on the other side of the building. He walked out in a rush, looking all around as if seeing if someone was following him. He started making his way towards me, so I ducked behind a dumpster.

From my hiding spot, I saw a bright light exploding almost like lightning. I stuck out my head further. Lightning was on all fours chanting something about speed. Is he on drugs? I wondered. But then he started tuning red. His clothes seemed to absorb into his body which was now metallic and changing shape. His arms and legs curled into wheels and his face stretched into a windshield. The tattoos across his body turned into stickers and soon he was into the shape of a race-car. I tried to stay quiet so I wouldn't be discovered, but I accidentally let out a gasp. The car—Lightning—turned around and stared at me.

"S-sorry," I started awkwardly. What were you suppose to say when you just saw your classmate turn into a car? "I just wanted to talk to you. I didn't expect...that."

Lightning McQueen still seemed to be shocked. "Don't tell anyone!" he exclaimed. "I don't know what will happen if they find out."

"Okay. But I still don't know what's going on. Are you a car or a person? Where did your clothes go? Why doesn't anyone know? Are you gonna hurt me? Is it okay that I know? Do you still want to be my partner?" I asked the questions as they came to me.

"I will answer all of your questions just not here." Lightning sighed.

I looked around. "Where?"

Lightning's passenger door opened. "Get in."