4

Flynn's POV

Lightning led me through his gigantic house and into his bedroom. I don't know why he chose for us to talk in his bedroom. He has like fifty other rooms it doesn't make sense except for plot purposes. His room is big. It has a king size bed and a couch with a tv that takes up the whole wall. I tossed my satchel on the wood desk against the wall.

Lightning took a seat on the couch, so I sat next to him. He took a deep breath. "So I'm a sort of shape-shifter. I can only change between being a car and being human. I has been like this ever since a scientist injected me with a serum that turned me into a race car. So I'm sort of both car and human. I was born a human though. When I change, any clothes I'm wearing turn into the interior of the car like how my leather jacket turned into the leather seats. I can feel everything from when I'm in a car form just like if I was human. Nobody knows because people would be after me if they did. I wouldn't hurt you because you know. I'd never hurt you. And I would love to still be your partner."

"That's hot."

The words came out of my mouth before I can hold them back. I almost apologized but the look on Lightning's face told me he might be into it. Just to make sure, I bit my lip seductively and gave him the smolder. Lightning licked his lips and before I knew it we were making out. Our hands were tangled in each other's hair and we were pulling each other closer.

Until I got a phone call. Ugh. It was my work. "I have to take this," I said. I stepped out of the room so I could answer the call.

"Flynn this is Agent Grant. We have a new mission for you. You need to steal the Crown Jewels and kill the queen of England."

I gasped. "Is Fred working it with me?"

"No," my boss said. "He had to go solve a mystery with his meddling friends and some dog thing."

"But Fred is my getaway driver! What am I supposed to do without him?"

"I don't know find your own fricking ride!" With that, Agent Grant hung up.

I turned to go back into Lightning's room, but stopped when I noticed that he was standing in the doorway with is mouth open. "What was that about?" He exclaimed.

"What if I told you I was a thief slash spy slash hit man?" I asked tentatively.

Lightning bit his lip. "I'd say I didn't think you could get any hotter." With that, he pulled me back in for a kiss. His hand slipped under my shirt as it became more passionate.

I wanted to kiss him forever but I had to pull away. "Can you be my getaway driver?"

"Of course, babe," he said and captured my lips with his.