Forever With You [F] | 03

Michael has a panic attack and Luke helps him back down to earth.
TW: panic attack
It's not a very long one. Just wanted to express my feelings! I write the panic attack off my own experience and how I would prefer people comforting me so yeah!
THE MEDIA'S SO CUTE PLSSS
• • •

Luke and Michael had both just woken up from a nap, and were now laying in Luke's bed, just talking about everything and anything. "Hey baby, I'ma go to the toilet. I'll be back, I love you." Luke kissed the tip of Michael's nose before exiting his room. Michael sighed, leaning back against the head board. He shut his eyes just to rest for awhile. But then he suddenly started to shake. Michael's heart rate and breath skyrocketed all of a sudden. He felt lost, even if he was on his bed in his bed room. Luke had just left to the toilet and he really needed Luke to bring him back to a safe place before his panic attack worsened. "Shit not now." Usually if Luke was by his side, things wouldn't get too bad, because Luke wouldn't let it get bad. Michael knew it was hopeless and he would never make it in time, but he got out of bed as best as he could to try and get to the toilet. After about 5 seconds it all became too much for his poor brain to handle.

Michael sat on the floor kind of near the door, holding his legs to his chest and lowered his head into it, crying into his knees. He whimpered for help and Luke's name, his head pounding.

"L-luke?" Michael asked when he heard the door open, crying as his held his legs closer to his chest. He couldn't catch his breath properly from all the crying and heaving, feeling like he was about to pass out . His panic attack just hit him and he was already a fucking mess. Luke sure as hell did not expect to see this when he came back. "MIKEY!" He ran the boy, holding him tightly immediately.

Luke has dealt with almost all of Michael's panic attacks, but he could never get used to seeing the boy in this state, he didn't want to. It didn't happen very often at all, but any panic attack at all was already too much for Luke's liking. "Oh my precious baby I'm here, I'm here. Shhhh. It's me, Luke. Oh Mikey shhh, I love you, I'll take care of you. I'm right here." He said out slowly, knowing that if he rushed this Michael would only panic more. "L-lu." He whimpered, crying some more. Luke kissed his forehead, holding his face with both hands and caressing it, trying to get Michael to look up. Michael lifted his head slowly, his lips quavering as they parted, letting out a shaky breath. "Shhhh, take your time my sweet boy. It's okay, I'll protect you." When Michael's eyes finally met Luke's, he calmed down a little bit, the blue eyes in front of him always able to relax him.

With the position Michael was in, it wasn't the easiest for Luke to cuddle his boy, and it also wasn't good for Michael to crawl up into a ball during a panic attack, it made him feel like he was in a lonely place, which was undesirable of course."Baby, can you let go of your legs for me? Don't worry, I'll be holding you the whole time." Michael nodded, still shaking and hyperventilating. He opened up slowly, Luke slipping into his trembling arms as he did.

Now Michael's head was on Luke's shoulder, his tears rolling down at a constant pace, breathing remained about the same, little hands clenching the back of Luke's shirt as tightly as his strength allowed him. "Shhh, hey baby." Luke kept a hand on the back of Michael's head, the other moving from rubbing Michael's back to pulling gently on the blond's hair. It was one of his favourite things that relaxed him the most, and Luke did it all the time, loving the way he would grow a small satisfied smile and his eyes would fall shut at the feeling. And he always used it during panic attacks too, he just had to. The soft humming of the song Michael wrote, Disconnected, was flying around the room. Singing was one way to try and bring the boy back to earth.

The panic attack was starting to fade, very slowly, but it was going away. "I'm going to list all the things I love about you Mikey ... well there's too many things, but I'll do as many as I can." Michael's fingers twitched again, holding onto Luke and his shirt like it was a lifeline. He started counting while carrying Michael's smaller figure onto the bed and under the sheets.

"One, your smile.
Two, your laugh.
Three, your eyes.
Four, your cute rosy cheeks.
Five, your lips.
Six, your little chin.
Seven, your fluffy hair.
Eight, your adorable ears.
Nine, your fingers.
Ten, your soft hands.
Eleven, your pretty little tummy.
Twelve, your bubbly personality.
Thirteen, your teeth when you smile widely.
Fourteen, your eyelashes.
Fifteen, your smooth back.
Sixteen, your amazing guitar skills.
Seventeen, your voice.
Eighteen, the affect you have on me.
Nineteen, the dimples that only I can see.
Twenty, the warmth you so graciously give to me whenever."

Every time Luke said a body part, Michael felt that body part, coming back to earth and staying there. And whenever Luke said something besides that, Michael felt his heart beat and breathing slow down. He felt the connection in his heart to the one that was less than 5 centimetres away growing, the connection that had been growing since they were little kids. He was now calm, not crying anymore, a relaxed facial expression on his face with his eyes still closed. Even if he was relatively okay now, Luke still counted, the numbers getting higher and higher.

Michael removed his face from Luke's chest a little, both pairs of arms still equally tight around each other. Green eyes gaze stuck in the blue ones.

"One hundred, you looking at me right now with the cutest smile on your face, while your holding me, and I'm holding you." He kissed Mikey's lips softly, time stood still for the moment. They pulled apart, arms still refusing to budge. "I love all of you." Luke whispered, as if it was the most precious secret in the world. Except that it wasn't, Luke would shout that out at the top of his lungs at the highest mountain and exclaim it to the world.

"I love all of you." Michael repeated what Luke said, but it was so so special. All of this was. "Mikey?"

"Yes Lukey?"

"I'm going to marry you one day. I am. And I'm going to make sure you're the happiest person on earth." Luke said confidently, he was only 18 but he knew from the start of their relationship that they would be together forever. He hasn't said it many times, because he wants to keep his future proposal top secret, but every time he does, it's always with confidence. Every single one of his confidence is used in that sentence. Michael blushed a deep red, going back to hiding his face in the warmth of Luke's chest, loving the words that came from his boyfriend's mouth. "I'm going to be your husband. I will. You already make me the happiest person ever Luke."

They stayed there, kissing again. It was as if every time they kissed, everything else in the world just stopped and took a break, all the noises and movement.

~End Of Part 3~