Adventurous

Another uneventful evening.
I'm glad to have finally succumbed and I built my own house in radiator springs, along with my apartment in LA, every 6 months I move back and forth.

I finally got the guts to separate from the company I worked with and completely freelance, in everything I do.

I tattoo with Ramone, and many of many have asked me out.

Probably because I'm the youngest car (besides Sally) in Radiator Springs.

It was about to be the next turnaround, and racing season nearly ended, with a few privately funded places to be the exception. I curl my hair behind my ears, tired of packing.

"Screw this..." I tie my hair back into a manbun as I finally close my suitcase, with a few belongings.

Driving myself there, I decided it would be best.
Wheel Well became active again, as I've known from doing a group call once a week with the members of the town (that I'm close with.)

Nevertheless, I begin my drive there.
Gorging myself on coffee to keep me awake.
And within the next few hours, I make it there as I step into my new house, (which I got right next to my grandfather's)

It was a simple floor plan, with one bedroom, one bathroom, the usual.
As I began to pull in, a little crowd formed.

"Yeaahhh! Welcome home!"
Mater greets, as a few cheer with him.

Parking in the garage, I hop out of my car.

"I'm exhausted, let's check out the new bar?"
In unison, we walk there as I order a drink and watch the news.

"It appears, news flash that famous graphic designer and assistant crew chief, assigned one of the top crew members who should start racing! Rumour has it that since she's related to Doc, others think they may as well replace McQueen, her words on this were:"
Shows a clip of Chris:
"McQueen can be a pain, but he's a favorite of some friends and the track. I wouldn't take the title away from him, but if I get enough support, I'll consider racing."

"Back to me, but wow is she a favorite of the crowd. Already, the crowd thought McQueen was doing a free lap on the track for practice, the crowd was impressed as per usual, but it appears that McQueen was in the passenger seat whilst Chris was driving! Words on this were that she was 'practicing the mechanics on it.'
"The crowd wonders... what is McQueens relationship status? Sally or Chris?"

From then I tune out the news.

Sally is biromantic.
So there's no way she's into McQueen, she has no interest in the guy.
And I'm plainly queer in general.

But we're basically sisters- god the press sucks. Making some people out to be the villain.

"Hey." I turn to see her next to me.

"Guido, surprise me please!"
He nods, smiling at me as he gets to work.

"I'm exhausted from driving, but I felt like getting a drink. To take off some of the edge."

"Well, I noticed you've definitely been stealing the spotlight in the news. You've been working tons-" She takes a sip of her drink, "Of course you'd be exhausted."

"Apparently this place is only famous because of me, Doc, and McQueen?"

"Well, can't believe they showcase us as crazy wild over McQueen. What did you say to them asking that?"

"That he's not my type, and that you and I could care less about a guy."

"Piña colada." Guido passes it over the counter.

"Refreshing. Thank you, thank you."

"So, how's it in LA?"

"A few random buisness deals, surprisingly Francesco has left me alone. Have to admit, if he wasn't so arrogant and somehow manipulative, he's a hot guy."

"Gotta admit, his jawline. Sorry-"

"I could care less. He's the hot ex that I don't regret just because he's hot and rich. Got me some of my fame. But his cheekbones man. Wow."

"I swear, we're teenagers gossiping about guys again." She giggles, fixing her composure.

As we talk about the town and share some gossip, I decide to head off to bed.

"See you in the morning! I get that you're tired."