chapter forty-seven

Start from the beginning

✯☾✯

Hayden rolled her eyes as she watched Liam and Ivy making out by the faculty storage room door before looking back down at the notebook in her hands. The plan in question was to break into the faculty storage room to steal some supplies.

Liam and Ivy were supposed to be on the lookout. But it turned out to be Hayden being the one to really be on the lookout, seeing as the pair was currently busy making out.

"You okay?" Liam asked his girlfriend.

"The whole Theo and that first mentor stuff is still kind of getting to me. But we have bigger things to worried about," Ivy answered, referring to their current plan and the ghost riders.

Liam nodded, "We'll figure it out."

"I know we will," Ivy sighed before placing her head on Liam's shoulder.

"Come on, you two. They're gone," Hayden stated, referring to the faculty members that had been nearby.

The couple hadn't noticed their disappearance, "Let's go", they said together. The trio made their way into the faculty storage room.

Ivy watched as Hayden grabbed supplies and placed them in her bag.

"Can't we just buy a lightning rod?" Liam asked Hayden.

"Sure, if you've got $2500," Hayden replied.

Ivy's eyes widened, "Yeah, no keep on looking."

The group turned the corner to grab more supplies when they noticed Mr. Douglas working on something. Ivy rolled her eyes at the sight of him. There was just something about him that Ivy couldn't place. Plus the fact that she believed that he was the Der Soldat from the dread doctors' lab didn't help.

"What are you doing here?" Mr. Douglas asked the trio.

"What are you doing?" Ivy questioned.

"This is faculty only," Mr. Douglas stated, ignoring Ivy's question.

"Then why are you the one leaving?" Hayden asked.

"What are you doing?" Liam questioned.

"Plugs and wires? Are...Are you making a taser?" Hayden asked.

"Why do you even need a taser for?" Ivy wondered.

"No. No, of course not," Mr. Douglas answered Hayden's question. Once more, he ignored Ivy as he collected the stuff he was working on. Ivy was growing annoyed with Mr. Douglas ignoring her and decided she was going to just remain quiet.

"You saw them, didn't you?" Liam asked.

"You should be in class," Mr. Douglas stated.

"Was it the night of the lacrosse game? You saw the lightning, the men, and the horses?" Liam asked.

"Dozens of them,' Mr. Douglas answered.

"Just great," Ivy mumbled to herself, realizing that Mr. Douglas was now one more person to protect. Even though that was the complete opposite of what she wanted.

"Then what?" Liam questioned.

"It was chaos," Mr. Douglas confessed. "They were everywhere. Some of the kids were running. But for everyone else it, it was like there was nothing there. They couldn't see a thing."

"We did. And we've got a lot more to tell you if you really wanna fight back," Hayden stated.

✯☾✯

Ivy was back in the dark four-sided box with what seemed like there was no way out. Her magic was useless here, but it didn't mean that her werewolf strength was. With what seemed like an endless amount of punches, Ivy finally managed to get the four-sided box opened and crawled out of her entrapment.