Chapter 58: Are You Ok?

When I woke up my head was killing me. I looked around to see that I was in my room at Lupins. I looked to my left and saw Lupin sitting there reading a book.

"You're awake." He said, closing the book and looking at me.

"You mean after you stunned me?" I said annoyed.

"I know I hate that I had to do that but I had no choice. I could not let you go after Bellatrix." He said.

"Oh but Harry can go after her?" I asked.

"Yes he can, I have no control over Harry as far as the law goes. I am still your legal guardian meaning I can make choices for you." He said.

"I would have killed her." I said.

"I know. That's why I did not let you run after her. Lily, you are strong. You're so strong mentaly and magically. You burned and attacked Kingsley with mental spells. No one your age should have been able to do that. You had no wand. I know you could have killed her but I would not let you do that. It's not what Sirius would have wanted for you." He said looking down.

"Is it true?" I asked.

"Yes Lily I am sad to say that it is." He walked closer and sat down on the bed.

'How did you know where we were?" I asked.

"Snape. He told the order." He sighed.

"How is Kingsley?" I asked.

"He has taken worse hits. Lily, how are you?" He asked.

"You mean after seeing my dad killed by his cousin? Great. Just another thing to add to this year." I sighed.

"Lily, he loved you so much." He sighed, rubbing my head.

"The last thing he did was smile at me." I said.

"I know. I saw." He said.

"Why was it Kingsley who grabbed me?" I asked.

"He was the closest, I guess. It would have been me but I had to hold Harry to keep him from running into the vail." He sighed.

"Who said the spell?" I asked. He knew what I meant.

"Me. You had no idea how much it hurt me to do that to you Lily. But I had no choice." He said, looking away.

"I know." I said,

"I can't believe he is dead." I said as I started crying.

"Oh Lily." He said, rubbing my head.

"I want George." I cried.

"I know. He is on his way. When we got back he was the first person I called." He said, rubbing my head. I waited for the door to open.

"Oh Lily." George said I got out of the bed and ran into his arms.

"My dad is dead." I cried into his chest.

"I know." He said. "I know and I am so so sorry Lily." He said voice breaking.

"I will give you a minute." Remus said leaving the room. George picked me up and instinctively I wrapped my legs around him. He walked to the bed and sat down with me still around him.

I laid there crying for hours. George never said a thing. He simply let me sob onto his shirt. He would rub my head or kiss it as if it could make the pain go away.

"I love you Lily." He said when he thought I was finally asleep. He gently unwrapped me from around him and laid me down in my bed. He laid down beside me. After a few minutes I felt his arm snake around my waist.

When I woke up in the morning George was gone. I went downstairs to find him talking to Remus in the kitchen.

"What will happen to Grimmauld place?" I asked.

"I am not sure. I would assume he left it to you but I don't know." He said.

"What about school?" I asked.

"Lily, don't worry about school right now." George said.

"But what will happen?" I asked.

"I talked to Dumbledore, you are just done with school for this year. It ended anyway." Remus said.

"Oh, ok I guess." I said.

"Lily? How are you?" Remus asked.

"I am ok, I mean as ok as one can be." I laughed.

"This came for you." He said, handing me a note. I looked at it. "Oh and this is for you too." He said, handing me another . I recognized the writing right away.

"Dad.." I said.