Chapter 8: Werewolves

Breakfast the next day was dull. I sat through my classes thinking about my dad. When I got to Defence against the dark arts I was not the least bit surprised to not see Lupin there.

"Where is your dad?" Ron asked.

"Oh I think he might be sick." I said. Lupin told me that if anyone ever asked where he was the day after a full moon to say he was sick.

Moments later Snape entered the room. He whipped out his wand and closed the windows to where it was almost dark. He pulled down a screen.

"Turn to page 394." He said. I grabbed my books and flipped to the page. I took a small gasp as I looked down at the page. It was about Werewolves. I looked up at Snape who smirked at me.

"Excuse me, sir. Where's Professor Lupin?" Harry asked.

"That's not really your concern is it, Potter?" Snape said. "That is unless his daughter would like to tell us where he is?" Snape said, turning to me.

"My father is sick. Seems he caught a bug. He should be back very soon." I said glaring at Snape.

"So suffice it to say your professor finds himself incapable of teaching at the present time. So turn to page 394.: Snape said as he started the camera.

"Werewolves?" Ron asked.

"Sir, we just learned about red caps and hinkypunks. We're not meant to start nocturnal beasts for weeks." Hermoine said.

"Quiet. Now, which one of you can tell me the difference between an Animagus and a werewolf?" Snape asked.

"No one?" Snape asked. "How about Miss. Lupin, Seeing as your father has some expertise in that area I am sure he has shared it with you." Snape said, smirking at me.

"An animagus is a wizard who elects to turn into an animal. A werewolf has no choice. With each full moon when he transforms he no longer remembers who he is. He could kill his best friend if he crossed his path. So the werewolf only responds to the call of it's own kind." I said.

Draco gave a howl like a werewolf.

"Thank you, Mr. Malfoy. Your father has taught you a lot about this. As an antidote to your ignorance on my desk by Monday morning two rolls of parchment on the werewolf, with emphasis on recognizing them." Snape said. The whole class growned.

"But sir. It's quidditch tomorrow." Harry said.

"Then I suggest you take extra care, Mr.Potter. Losing a limb will not excuse you. Page 394." Snape said.

"The term 'Werewolf' Is a contraction of the Anglo-Saxon word 'wer' which means 'man' and 'wolf; werewolf, man-wolf. There are several ways to become a werewolf. They include being given the power of shape-shifting, being bitten by a werewolf. That concludes our class. I look forward to reading your papers." Snape said as the kids started to leave.

I have to tell Lupin that Snape was about to full on out him today.