XXXII. Intelligent Responses

Start from the beginning

Anthony still sat there with an ankle over his knee as his body rested comfortably on the couch. I stand in front of him with my sweaty hands clutched together.

"Um." Another intelligent response.

After the beautiful dress, I changed into another one - slim black. I walk out, somehow still anxious. I don't know why, but I want him to at least give some sort of emotional response.

"Ah."

Someone calls the intelligence agency.

My husband is as smart as a coconut!

"Ah?" I smile, taking a step towards him. "That's all?"

He leans forward, resting his elbows on his thighs as he runs his fingers across his mouth. He sat there, staring at me.

Sweats were trickling down my body as everyone else merely stood behind me. I can also feel their discomfort.

Slowly, his eyes maneuvered down, and I swallowed when they whisp back up. "Hm."

Hm? Hmmm?! I'll hmm you!

I continued smiling while my hands clutched onto the dress. "Thank you for your thoughtful insight," I said bitterly, causing everyone to take a step back while I childishly stomped back into the changing room.

"Hm?" I said to myself while tugging off the dress. "Hmm?!"

After we finished shopping, Anthony gave them our address so they could ship the items there. We walk into another store consisting of nothing, but shoes.

"How do I look Long Bean?"

Oh my Lord, it's them again.

The girl twirls in a pair of gold high heels with ribbons wrapped around her ankles in front of the gorgeous, but dumbly in love man. "They look great on you," he smiles widely, flashing a single deep dimple.

"Matt! You said that for the last ten heels. How am I supposed to know which one looks good on me?"

A worker arrives, accompanying Anthony and me to the other side. I scowled lowly when she puffed her cheeks and started getting angry at him. "Spoil brat," I mumble under my breath, unable to hide my envious nature.

Undoubtedly, Anthony can hear me.

I couldn't stop looking at the couple in front of me. He wraps his arms around her waist and lifts her in the air slightly causing her to giggle. The scene in front of me is both sweet and stomach-nauseating. When they finished, they left the store - arms wrapped around each other waists - showing off their affection to the world.

I tried on the heels someone suggested without even looking at it.

I look at Anthony.

I continue staring at him.

He glances over at me. "Hm."

Another fucking out of this brilliant world response!

Fine! Don't pay attention to me!

"I want these heels." I shoved it towards the man in front of me. I jolt up. "And that one," I point at the nicely displayed white heels, then look at Anthony. He rested an arm against the armrest and stared at me. 

My cheeks blew up. "And that one," I point at the one beside it "And that one...that one...that one...I want all of these heels," I turned toward the man who was helping me. "All.of.them," I unreasonably demand, in a low, threatening tone.

I look at Anthony who continues to stare at me emotionlessly. He places two fingers in the air, and someone appears right away "I'll purchase all the shoes in this store," he said, before standing up causing everyone's mouth to drop. "Anything else?"