Episode 71: Karen Minazuki!

"Can't you be serious for once?!"

Hello everyone and welcome to the 71st Episode of Ask or Dare: Cartoon and Anime All-Stars Character Logs! Today's episode is all about the OG Blue Cure, Karen Minazuki!

Origins

Karen is one of the main protagonists of Yes Precure 5 and its 2nd season, Gogo, which first aired on TV Asahi on February 4, 2007 and February 3, 2008. Her Japanese VA is Ai Maeda while her potential dub VA would be Erica Mendez.

Background and Personality

Karen is a very stoic, calm and mature young woman who's covered up her feelings of insecurity and loneliness, despite her parents usually always being away. She's also the brains of the team, EXCEPT for Episode 23 of Yes Precure 5 when she and Rin were MEGA DUMB and wouldn't let Nozomi explain what happened when that stupid twit, Milk made her drop all those beads and then even went out of her way to insult Urara and even her own BESTIE, Komachi by calling her naive and indecisive just because they didn't like how aggressively blunt she and Rin were with Nozomi, which made everyone HATE each other, gave the bad guys an ADVANTAGE at ending them, AND NEARLY GOT ALL OF THEM KILLED!!

Karen: DURAND!! I told you to stop bringing that up!

Sorry Karen, but that's something we'll NEVER let you forget, because that was a MEGA DUMB mistake! Besides, you didn't even show ANY kind of concern about Nozomi's safety and IMMEDIATELY jumped to being mean!

And speaking of insults, should Karen get too agitated, she even might say something super OFFENSIVE! In fact, a few days ago she called Chavo a pathetic and idiotic orphan who can never do anything at all just because he spilled soda on her all because Quico PURPOSEFULLY tripped him! Just because her name's Karen don't mean she's gotta live up to it...

Karen: DURAND, WHAT THE HELL?!

Hey, someone's gotta call you out on your BS! Moving on...

Inclusion and Role in the Show

Like the rest of the team, Karen made her debut in My Birthday Special. She's a rather minor character, but does get some screentime every now and then.

Relationships with Other Characters

Komachi Akimoto: Self-explanatory.

Milk: Karen is the only member on the team who Milk likes.

Dark Aqua: From an old foe turned friend, Karen get along very well, just like the others.

Chloe: Karen is Chloe's BBCFF, which stands for "Best Blue Cure Friend Forever". Though Chloe gets annoyed when Karen gets overly angry and vicious towards others.

And that concludes today's episode of Ask or Dare: Cartoon and Anime All-Stars Character Logs! Next episode will be about the Princess of the Sea, Minami Kaido! Until then, thanks for reading and we'll see you all next time!