Wattpad Original
There are 34 more free parts

Ch 7: Blake

With the third and final shot, the creature's body fell and hit the ground with a satisfying thud.

Finally. I muttered to myself, sliding my gun securely back into its holster strapped to my thigh.

I knew today was going to be a shitty day, but never in my life would I have anticipated things to go this bad. My clothes were drenched from the rain, I was almost killed by a psychotic Deviant, and now I had to kill some sort of man-creature. Which definitely topped my list as one of the most unpleasant experiences of my life.

After I fired my first round into his chest, I expected him to drop dead, but he didn't. In fact, he didn't seem phased at all by the fresh wound blossoming on his shoulder. He barely glanced at it before marching towards me with some sort of silver weapon in his hand. I couldn't see exactly what kind of weapon it was since the smoke from the wreckage clouded over the majority of his menacing frame. But, as he moved towards me, the smoke around us cleared and I was finally able to see who or what I was dealing with.

Emerging from the cloud of smoke, the creature stepped fully out into the open. My eyes widened in horror at the sight. Now that he was closer, I realized the man was much taller than I originally assumed. Judging by how far I had to tilt my head up to see his face, he was close to seven feet at least.

Though, it seemed that by his build I was correct in my assumption that he was some sort of man. Just not of the human variety.

Clad in a sleek silver suit that fit his well-defined stature like a second skin, he looked every bit of a man. With broad shoulders and a narrow waist leading down to long sturdy legs, he was decidedly not the shape of any woman I had ever seen. Though, she would be an impressive thing to behold if she did indeed exist.

Aside from his build, what truly caught my eye was the fact that as he walked, his face glinted, like some sort of shield was around his body. It was similar to how I noticed earlier that his ship glinted with some kind of invisible shield. The existence of such technology was terrifying and fascinating enough to hold my attention, briefly distracting me from firing another shot.

The closer he got, the more of him I could see and the more curious I grew. He had yet to fire at me, and I was still close enough to seek cover behind the tree granting me the confidence to stand my ground. Still keeping my weapon aimed at him, I took the opportunity to observe him more thoroughly now that he had gotten closer.

His hair was the purest black I had ever seen. Starting from his hairline, it was eloquently weaved into a tight braid that reached down to his mid-back. Like his ship, his skin was a shimmering silver color that reflected the dying fire around the crash site. However, perhaps the most fascinating part about him was his eyes. They were like galaxies, pure black with swirls of color like a universe sprinkled with stars.

It was otherworldly, beautiful, and absolutely terrifying.

He must have noticed my terror because, in one swift movement, he tossed away his silver weapon and put his hands up in surrender.

This action shocked me, and for a minute I thought about running. If he wasn't going to attack me, then perhaps I was of little interest to him and he would let me go. Testing my theory, I took a step back and away from the creature. If he stayed, then I would run. However, to my misfortune, he responded by taking a few quick steps forward to get closer to me.

I scowled. He was definitely interested. I thought grimly.

If I ran, he would surely follow me.

I bit my lip as I pondered my options, tensing when I noticed his strange eyes had flicked down to my mouth.

I had to do something.