XXXVIII

Severus made himself a cup of chamomile tea and sat in his armchair., he's spent a few days away from you, just thinking about everything and the events that are about to take place tonight, he's going to propose to you, not realising that's he's very much hurting your feelings.

You were absolutely certain he was going to break up with you. You're curled up on your bed sobbing. You really didn't want to end your relationship, you really love this man and have loved every single moment with him.

Since he hasn't been talking to you, you haven't eaten, you are starving but every time you think about eating you feel sick to your stomach, the only time you've left your bed is to go to classes and to the bathroom.

Beau is with you snuggled up against your stomach, he hasn't really left your side since he's heard you crying., "Severus hates me"., you said between sobs, hugging your pillow., "he doesn't want to be with me anymore"., at this point your pillow was soaked, it looked like it has been submerged under water.

You heard a knock at the door and you sighed in annoyance., "come in"., the door opened and to your surprise it was Severus., he saw you in a disheveled state and he rushed over to you and put Beau to the side, pulling you into his arms.

"Love, what's wrong?"., he said while wrapping his arms around you., you pushed him away and he looked hurt that you did that., "love?"., "Severus, you've been distant from me for a few days and you think you can come back and act like nothing happened. Look i-if you want to break up with me, just say it, don't just avoid me and expect me to do it.

If you want to, just do it, I'll deal with it in my own way"., tears streamed down his cheeks and he cupped yours., "love, love, love. I don't want to break up with you, I never want to break up with you. Never in a million years would I such a thing.

Look. How about we have a picnic at The Black Lake today, I can explain everything. I promise"., you smiled and nodded., tears streamed down his cheeks., what he said was true, he would never ever break up with you and he is angry at himself for letting you think that.

He kissed your forehead and pulled you towards him, wrapping his arms around you., the reason Severus has been avoiding you is just that he's been very anxious, a ball of nerves., tears streamed down his face and his lips started quivering.

"I'm so sorry, Y/n. Please believe me, I never meant to hurt you, love"., you cupped his cheeks and rested your forehead against his., "I believe you, Sev"., he sighed in relief and pressed his lips against yours.

He looked at the clock and sighed, it was 12:50pm., "I have to go love, I'm sorry, my lessons starts in 10 minutes"., he thought for a moment, biting his lip., "you don't have any classes for the rest of the day, right?"., you nodded and he smiled., "come and join me in lessons"., "of course, that would be fun"., he smiled again and kissed your forehead.

You's arrived in the classroom and he set his stuff down., "okay, today you will be helping them brew their potions if help is needed, as well as helping me grading papers"., him being all authoritative you found incredibly attractive.

He pulled up a chair next to him and patted the chair next to him as he sat down in his seat., "here my love, this is your seat"., you sat down next to him and he put papers in front of you., "have these graded before the period ends or there will be consequences for you".

He looked at you and smirked and you smirked back., you grabbed a spare quill and dipped it in the ink pot. The students started walking in and they were surprised to see you here., as they got settled in Severus got up from his chair and walked to the middle of the classroom up the front.

"As you can see, Professor L/n is here today. She will be joining us so if you happen to need any help brewing the particular potion we are brewing today ask myself or the lovely Professor L/n"., you blushed and continued to grade the papers as Severus continued telling the students what they will be doing today.