3O

jaeayjae

before the chapter begins, I just wanna thank u all for reaching this milestone with me! woot woot, congrats to those who endured crackhead culture and bad jokes, I may now present, one of my favorite chapters. Enjoy!

⬥⬥⬥

Kim Minjeong
active now

Back to business, is all that they thought when they stepped foot onto the small stage at the bowling alley. Although, in contrast to their pop-rock band setup, they brought in acoustic guitars, a small piano, and a beatbox with microphones that they configure and connect to the sound system.

"hit the front part of the box, Aeri" Minjeong commands and Aeri does comply, causing a thump to be heard before the former sits back up and fixes the wires to avoid obstruction.

"Alright, I guess Yeji will fix the mixer for the sounds to be mixed with her laptop. So, I'm done!" Minjeong cheers, sitting on the barstool and leaning back while dusting her palms.

But Aeri just gives her a nod, looking at the distance to see Yizhuo with one of the counter boys who were offering bowling shoes, seeing them having a fun conversation.

"what's up?" Aeri points at the pair laughing about behind the counter.

"manager-nim is having fun" Minjeong takes note of how Aeri deadpans, she would admit that it does look a little upsetting if she does like Yizhuo.

"what's wrong? Shouldn't you be happy that she is happy?"

"Winter..."

"there's a fine line that separates seeing her happy and making her happy"

"I am on the other side of the room, watching someone else making her happy"

⬥⬥⬥

It was a really hard day today
My heart aches for you
The only thing I can do for you
Is to be next to you, I'm sorry

Ryujin started as Yeji started playing the piano with Heejin doing palm-muted strums while she sings the lower parts of the verse, adding a feeling to it that hits the audience.

You're so pretty when you smile
So every time you lose that smile
Even if I have to give my all
I want to give it back to you

Yeji follows the youngest in their group with her verse, keeping in mind the context of the song and she did look for that one pretty person smiling back at her in the crowd of bowlers.

I want to cry for you
I want to hurt instead of you
I don't want any scars in your heart
Ever again

Heejin starts the first chorus with Aeri lightly tapping the box while she increases the volume of her strumming, looking over at Hyunjin with an assuring smile, something that the two of them share alone.

When you love someone
So much that it overflows
It's so amazing
Because this is how it is

Minjeong sings the other half of the chorus, clutching onto her mic as she closed her eyes, picturing the emotions of the lyrics she's singing. All while Jimin is watching her, feeling slightly emotional at how frustrating the events turned out to be.