She chuckles. „Cocktail waitresses on the other hand..."

I shake my head. „I'm not into women who don't have a last name, are all called ‚Shirley' and ‚so excited for this awesome evening'," I say in a high pitched voice or what I imagine cocktail waitresses sound like.

„What are you into then?" Aria asks, seemingly nonchalant.

„Shouldn't you be the one to tell," I dare to hold her gaze. And I know we are moving into dangerous territory. We have been very good so far. No holding glances that lead to something. Not even a hug. Nothing. We both know exactly how we can set each other off and we have been restraining ourselves, to keep things level. At bay. Relaxed. No commitment, no strings attached. Just two people, having a drink and a pleasant conversation and probably going home to think about all the possible ways to have sex with each other on that bar table. The last part would just be me, I guess.

„Things change, preferences change. You might have developed a kink for women in biking gear, for all I know," she says.

„I assure you that if there is one thing that doesn't get me going, it's anything with the word 'gear' in it," I say.

„Good to know, I just ordered these biking shorts on Amazon."

„You did what?" I ask, „you don't even have a bike."

„I might buy one," she replies. „But now I won't have to fear being sexually harassed by you, if I wear them. They're really short and tight, nothing you would like, really."

I gulp. „Since when have I ever sexually harassed you?"

„Oh, there have been plenty of times," Aria huffs.

I push my drink to the side and lean over. „You mean all those times when I seduced you and you were playing coy?"

Her perfume makes its way up my nose. The sweet smell of her shampoo hits me, as she flips her hair over her shoulder.

„I never play coy," she answers. Liar

„The question should be, when have you ever not played coy."

„Excuse me? You were just using my naive young character to get what you want."

„There were a lot of words to describe you, Aria. But inexperienced wasn't one of them."

She gasps. „How dare you! Are you saying that I had been sleeping around?"

I chuckle. „I'm just saying that we both knew exactly what we were doing at the time."

Her glance covers my eyes, my chest and lands on my hands. „Can't argue with that."

„Do you remember that time we almost got caught by the janitor who used to hide from his wife on Tuesday evenings?" Aria asks and I let myself remember that Tuesday afternoon we kissed and she pressed me against the inside of the classroom door and I was just about to say her name, when we heard someone in the hallway.

„I remember you telling me you never do this and that this was a one time thing," I say and she frowns.

„Wasn't that literally just before that time I went to your house?"

„As I was saying, when weren't you playing coy."

„Or do you remember that time in that club Morgan dragged us to?"

My throat gets dry just thinking about her body all over me on that dance floor.

„I used to love that house," she says, sighs and snaps me out of my trance. „You had the best view from up there. I could've stayed all day and just looked at the ocean."