4. Trust.

*update as I promised, dears❤️*

•••

It was already a week after Faith's birthday. She came out of the shower in the towel, and went to her wardrobe. She dressed in a sundress and walked out.

Chris was in the kitchen looking for his milkshake in the fridge, while her dad was reading the news paper, waiting for her to have breakfast.

" Good morning dad and Chris. " She greeted as she sat on the chair beside William.

" Oh sweety, good morning. " he patted her head. " Good morning Faith. " Her brother joined them.

Their maid, Emily served them the breakfast. She was Faith's nanny and head of the maids in the house.

" What are you planning to do today? " Her dad asked Chris and Faith. It was obvious, she haven't planned anything but to stay in her room or in the garden. She liked gardening very much.

" Nothing much dad, Max is coming today.  I'll have to go and pick him up from airport. " Chris replied having his first bite.

" Oh, okay, invite him sometime. I'll like to meet him. " William was very fond of Max. He was one of the close friend of Chris.

William liked him in particular because of his manners and respect towards elders. He was not at all a spoiled brats like Chris's other friends. Yeah, even if the others are spoiled brats, they never caused any problems or discomfort to William or Faith. And William is so confident that Chris won't let anyone of his friends misbehave with Faith. 

If everything goes right, William thought of making Max, his son-in-law. Chris know that too. He was okay , because Max had a crush on Faith since her childhood. He'd take care of her whenever Chris was not there.

William know him since Chris and Max were kids.

Chris thought so too, but reality was something else.

Hearing about Max, Faith stiffened at her place. She never liked him. He's a bad guy. Her father taught her everything a mother should tell their daughters. Not to let anyone touch them, not to let anyone close to them if you're not comfortable. If anyone go against your consent, he's a bad guy and then she'll tell Chris or dad about that.

She understood everything but when Max was crossing his line, she couldn't tell her dad and Chris. Because she was afraid.

She was just 16 when she noticed max intentionally touching her, at very private places. She would try to run from him or pray either Chris or William would come but Max was clever. He'd always says something like she fell down or she was having a panic attack.

He'd grope her at every chance he got. He's a total pervert.

And it's been 2 years since he was gone for some bussiness expansion or something.

Her dad and Chris always believed Max, though not over her, but she was afraid what if.

But now, she wanted to tell them the truth no matter what. The thing, that, what if her family don't believe her , bothered her more.

" Sweety, what do you think? " Her father asked her regarding something but she was zoned out.

" H-huh. I w-wasn't paying at-tention. S-sorry dad. " She stuttered.

" What happened sweety? Is something bothering you? " Chris asked frowning at her sudden nervousness.

" You could tell us anything sweety. " Her dad assured her.