34. The Second Task

Start bij het begin

Okay now what am I suppose to do?

Looking around she observed the details of the room. There was a beautiful stain glass window, and the moonlight lit the room.

Olivia decided to just pick up her egg

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Olivia decided to just pick up her egg. She looked at it in her hands, What to do with you? Finally she decided to put it in the water.

Okay, but it needs to be opened. The clue is in the inside.

She turned the latch and could hear a hum of music. Confused she looked at the glowing egg under water.

Maybe I need to be underwater to hear it too?

Olivia took a deep breath and dunked her head into the water.

"Come seek us where our voices sound,
We cannot sing above the ground,
And while you're searching, ponder this:
We've taken what you'll sorely miss,
An hour long you'll have to look,
And to recover what we took,
But past an hour- the prospect's black,
Too late, it's gone, it won't come back."

The egg, was filled with a sweet voice, that sung to her. Olivia listened closely to the words, over and over. Resurfacing to catch her breath. She had finally stopped after she had memorized the whole song.

Olivia put the egg back on the edge of the tub. She leaned back and began thinking. Quickly she put the pieces together.

Under water is the only way to hear the egg, and the song said that's where we'll have to look. They will take something from us, and we have to get it back.

And if we're underwater, the Black Lake is all there is, Oh! The prospect's black! That must be where the second task will be.

One hour, we have to look for one hour. Meaning we have to breathe underwater for an hour...

Olivias mind was racing. She had a little less than two months to figure out how she could do the second task, and she had no clue how she was going to do that.

The next day term began, and Olivia filled in the twins on her recent discoveries. Meanwhile, lessons continued and weeks passed.

Throughout those weeks an awful article about Hagrid came out by the equally as awful Rita Skeeter. Olivia decide that one way or another she would get payback on the reporter.

However, for the time being she spent most of her free time in a empty classroom with the twins. They would bring in buckets of water and help her practice the Bubble Head Charm, that she needed for the second task.

Fred was timing how long she could keep her bubble charm going, while she had her head shoved into the bucket.

"And time, George get her towel." said Fred tapping Olivia on the shoulder. Coming out of the water her curls were drenched, she gladly accepted the towel from George. "I think you're ready for the second task finally."