Chapter 7. That Cheerful Smile

Jungkook's practice and training got extended even after every dinners he had.

Weeks passed by, and two days more would be the deliberation.

Jisoo taught him language as part of training.

"Here you say 'Hello Thailand' or you could say 'I love you fans." Jisoo would tell him

Jungkook would imitate it, every night he would read language books whether Japanese or English, while Jisoo was on his side.

They are both doing that training inside the undergound room that Jisoo had introduced.

He saw how Jisoo fell asleep on the table, and he smiled seeing how she snored.

Cute... He thought.

As for acting, Jisoo would set up a camera outside the underground room, then she gives lines to Jungkook.

He would then try to cry in front of the camera.

That was all part of his training days.

At this current time, there was an ongoing charity event at their company.

Jungkook was walking on the hallways, then he stopped upon seeing Jisoo with the other staffs outside.

She was busy placing packs of noodles and canned goods inside the boxes.

"Look at how hardworking she is. I was glad to find a trainer like her." Zico went beside him and talked.

Jisoo was then smiling as she saw a little kid running around, she then bent down on her level and caressed the head of the kid.

Jungkook watched and didn't mind being mesmerised by her beautiful smile and beautiful face.

"Jungkook!" Jisoo called out and ran towards him

Then he shook his head, as he found himself in a trance.

"Oh. Noona..."

"Here.. Eat this, you look hungry." Jisoo gave him a sandwich.

"Thank you." He smiled.

"Good boy." Jisoo patted his head, Jungkook never felt so elated deep inside.

Zico smirked seeing them two, then he walked away.

He went back to his office and saw Seungyoon there.

"Saajangnim.. we found an evidence on who destroyed that room."

Seungyoon gave him a keychain.

But Zico's memory was very astonishing that he remembered who owned it.

"JAESOK.." He gritted his teeth in anger.

"Jaesok? The one who you fired?

"Yes.." Zico stood up, his eyes raging with anger.. he took his coat from the rack and walked out of the room

Seungyoon was left trembling, as he knew how terrifying his boss could be.

Meanwhile at the mini park outside the company building....

Jisoo was sitting on a swing, she was taking a break after doing all that charity event.

Jungkook happened to pass by, then he walked towards her and sat beside her.

"Noona gwaenchana?"

"Yes..I'm very fine."

"Gomawo.. for not giving up on me. For training me well."

"Aigoo.. you shouldn't just thank me. You should also thank yourself for persevering."

Jungkook heaved a sigh as he looked down.

Jisoo saw gradual changes in him, his hair was a mess, his lips was pale, and he got thinner.

"You? Are you okay?" She asked him with her concerned look.

Jungkook looked up at her and smiled a bit.

"I'm just nervous. My parents didn't want me to be a kpop star at first. But they told me it was a waste of time."

"What? Why?"

"I've already trained for 5 years, they say I keep failing but from now on. I want to prove them wrong."

"That's right Jungkook, don't let anyone criticize you for your dreams. I believe in you."

Jungkook felt happy hearing the word 'believe'. He finally had someone beside him who'd support him.

"How about you Noona? Is your dream really to become a kpop trainer?"

Jisoo was glad that she and Jungkook finally tried to know each other deeper, so she smiled.

"For me? Well... I used to dream of becoming a Kpop star. But, I realized that I don't have the confidence. Yet Suho was there, he made me realize that my real passion was to make someone a kpop star."

"So he is the reason for all of this?"

"Of course it's not just him. I for myself chose and discovered this path as well."

Jungkook looked at her with his calm eyes, then Jisoo stared back at him.

"Noona... You didn't choose the wrong path. You're a great trainer." Jungkook told her, and Jisoo felt so endeared by his words.

Meanwhile outside Jaesok's house....

"YOU PUNK!" Zico choked Jaesok and he was struggling for breath, as his head was on the wall.

"J-Jebal...." Jaesok heavily panted.

"Who told you to do that?"

"S-Suho..."

"So you're switching loyalties now eh?" Zico tightened his grip on his neck until finally he let him go.

Zico walked away so angrily as he kicked a stone.

Just you wait Suho... This would be the last time you'd trample upon my company... Zico thought.

The next day....

The staffs were already arranging the tables for the deliberation.

Then the judges sat down there, one was U-Kwon, then the other Seungyoon, Hyuna, and lastly the CEO, Zico.

Jungkook felt his knees trembling as he was behind the curtains of the platform board.

Then he peeped and saw Jisoo.

Jisoo was waving at him from among the spectators.

HWAITING JUNGKOOK!... She thought as she gave out the 'fighting' gesture and smiled brightly.

What am I so afraid of? My number one supporter is there and s-she's smiling at me...that cheerful smile could melt me.... Jungkook thought.

{END SONG: Colbie Caillat-Fallin For You}

|end of Chapter |