CH. 49 Tutoring (PART 1.)

Start from the beginning

I could tell Spencer was smirking from his tone of voice, "Great! Can't wait to see you, we will get you smart in no time!"

And with that, he hung up.

I grinned to myself for what felt like the first time in forever.

I shook my head, turning to grab my shoes. I walked over to the edge of the bed, sitting down to tie my laces up.

As I was doing so, I heard a knock on my door.

My body immediately alerted from the noise. I turned my head to the door, eyes narrowed and speculating.

"Vi?" Someone asked quietly from the other side.

My ears perked up, noticing it was Flynn's voice.

I remained silent, ignoring Flynn and continuing to finish tying my shoes.

I heard a sigh from the door, the knob twisting in suit.

My eyes snapped to the door again as I watched the knob turn.

It wiggled, trying desperately to open.

I pursed my lips, being glad I had decided to lock it.

"Vi, come on," Flynn whined in annoyance as he realized the door wasn't going to budge, "I know you're in there."

I stood up from the edge of my bed, walking quietly over to grab my school bag that sat in the corner of my room.

Did he not get the hint I didn't want to talk?

Was my silence not enough to tell?

I heard as Flynn now began to drum his fingertips on the door, creating an annoyingly loud sound, "Are you gonna come down for breakfast?" He sang out.

I ignored him yet again, stuffing some notebooks into my bag.

As my silence stilled, I heard Flynn release another loud sigh.

"Hey, look," He began in a warning voice, "I know you don't want to talk, but you at least gotta eat. You know Lance won't let you leave the house unless you do."

I clenched my jaw.

Hearing Lance's name made me want to scream.

Did Flynn actually think I cared what Lance had to say after the events that happened this weekend?

I chewed on my bottom lip as I forced myself to finally respond, "I don't care what Lance says," I shot back.

Flynn didn't respond for a minute, the only noise being the drumming of his fingers on the door.

I wished I didn't even have to go to school today.

More or less even have to leave my room.

"Well..." Flynn finally replied, "Everyone else kinda does. So, I'm just saying... if I were you, I'd try to suck it up and at least make an appearance down stairs."