chapter 13

your pov

its 11pm, and nana goes to sleep every night around 9pm.

i could see tommy in his bedroom streaming, i was just watching, admiring, if you will. watching him laugh, and scream, and smile, and get offended.

i message him and watch him pick his phone up to respond.

hey

hi

can i join

of course

i put my phone down and look up at him, he's giving me a thumbs up.

a while ago i had been added onto the dream smp, i hadn't spent much time on there, but i was on there enough to have my own room in tommy's nasty, dirty, but cute hobbit hole.

i joined his call in discord, vc #2, of course.

"hi tommy"

"hi y/n"

i look across to him, he doesn't notice i'm looking, but he has a huge smile on his face. cute.

"chat, today y/n will be on the smp with us, please give her a warm welcome"

i open his stream to view the chat

"WE MISSED YOU"
"Y/N"
"HOPE YOURE OKAY"
"OMG"

i smile, loading into the smp and find my way to tommy who is currently upset over losing his shovel, linda, in a gambling incident.

i craft him a wooden shovel, getting a nametag and naming it "walmart linda"

i throw it at him and he picks it up, and shifts his view between the shovel and i.

"PAHAHAHAHAH" i look into his window and see him laughing and i join as well, the chat spamming with awws.

later on, we're at his house and i go down to my bedroom, destroying my y/f/c bed (your favorite color) and going back upstairs.

"aw y/n why've you gone and broke it? now you wont respawn"

i hit him with my fist and run over to his bed.

"dont destroy mine too"

i put my bed next to his and crouch up and down repeatedly.

he stands for a second and starts crouching as well.

"CHAT I'VE GOT A WOMAN IN BED WITH ME CAN I GET SOME POGS IN THE CHAT"

"POG"
"pog"
"Pog"
"POG!!!"

he ends the stream soon after, but we're still in the vc.

"putting your bed to mine was just banter, right?"

i take off my headset silently, so he's relying on an answer and grab a piece of paper. i write on it "I LOVE YOU"

if all else fails, i can say its as a friend.

i put my headset back on and whisper "tommy, look over."

he looks at me and smiles ridiculously.

i hold up the piece of paper.

his smile drops, face full of shock, slowly turning red.

he looks away to write on a piece of paper.

"POGGERS!"

i laugh like i haven't in a long time, not in a week or so at least. these past few months have been wonderful with him by my side.

i call him.

"can i come over?"

"yes, but be quiet, theres a ladder in the lawn."

i sneak out carefully, place the ladder up, ever so gently and climb up.

i tap quietly and he opens his window.

"hey" he whispers.

our faces are inches apart, i can see his eyes drifting towards my lips.

we both lean forward, i can feel his hot breath on me, contrasting the cool night.

i put a hand behind his head, as he puts one on my cheek.

and i fall.

not for him.

i fucking fall off the ladder.

"oh christ" he says climbing out and down to check on me.

"are you okay?"

"you try falling off a bloody ladder and i'll ask you."

"are you hurt?"

"no i sustained no injuries from the nearly 3 metre fall."

"seriously, y/n"

"i'm alright, just a little sore" i say looking around to make sure theres no wounds and no blood.

he leans down and sits next to me.

visible bruises are developing on my legs, but they're disregarded, my pajama pants hiked up from me searching for injuries.

my hair is a mess, scattered everywhere. i'm almost shivering.

i can see his breath and mine, appearing almost as smoke in the air and colliding until it shortly fades away.

"you ruined the moment y/n"

"what d'you mean?"

"if you hadn't fallen i would've kissed you"

he helps me up and asks again if i'm okay, to which i reply yes, and we both agree its best to just go off to sleep.

i hug him tight, for about a minute or so and when i pull away he kisses my forehead.

"you know that sign you held up earlier?" he asks

"yeah" i say, confused

"i do too"

without another word he climbs up his ladder and into his room, shutting the window and turning the light off, leaving me dumbfounded.

does he mean he loves me too or he remembers the sign too?

i make my way to my room and try to sleep. what an adventure.