chapter 11

(a/n: my arthritis is acting up in my arms and wrists, but i am committed!! i will write!! p.s. i am not old, i just have psoriasis, an autoimmune disorder, its a skin condition, mainly located on joints like elbows, knees, and on ears and scalp, etc. its not too bad, but it can not be cured, and i have developed psoriatic arthritis 💔💔)

your pov

i wake up, tommy on the bed next to me, a few inches away, facing away from me, asleep.

i stare at the wall.

this lasts for approximately 5 minutes, with little blinking, little movement, and staring at one point in the wall.

there was a small hole, not even a millimeter wide. it was from a thumbtack, where i used to have a picture hung up.

the picture is now in a frame, standing on my desk. it's a picture of my mother and i, when i was 8. when she was healthy. when we were perfect, happy, active.

i miss that.

the tiny hole, miniscule hole from the thumbtack is staring at me. mocking what once was and never will be again. i let out a silent sigh.

i slowly get out of bed, and walk to the bathroom, i look in the mirror and just stare at myself. i dont do anything but stare, as if im judging me. as if i had just watched myself kick a baby. i stare disgustedly.

tears start to form in my eyes, so i walk away and ignore them.

i walk into the kitchen and look for something to eat. there was absolutely nothing except a box of stale saltine crackers and a can of corn.

gross.

i havent been to the store since,

well,

since i met tommy at the store.

god he was such a prick. an annoying, arrogant, self centered, beautiful, kind, prick.

he isn't a prick.

i open more cabinets looking around, and i discover a possibly two year old pack of popcorn, a box of poptarts, but its strawberry. who the fuck likes strawberry poptarts.

mum liked strawberry poptarts.

i expect child services will come any day now to check on me and tell me the plan.

tommy walks into the kitchen, silent but i hear him still and turn around, crossing my arms.

"what're you thinking about?" tommy asks.

"there's no food to eat."

"would you like to go to mcdonald's and pick something up?"

"okay, but it's on me, it's the least i could do to thank you."

he has a look of disapproval on his face. what a gentleman, he spent the night at my house just to make sure i'm okay, even though he probably had better things to do, and still wants to buy me food.

"tommy"

"yes?"

"thank you"

"oh really, its no prob-"

i cut him off with a hug and a kiss on the cheek "really, you've sacrificed a whole day for me and you had no obligation, thank you"

i swear i saw his face flush, as mine did too, but neither of us said anything.

"i'm going to get read-" i say really quickly, to avoid the awkward tension.

"yea- yea- thats probably a good idea" he cuts me off."

what a pog man.