Max sighed. Thanks to him, there's a delusional cultist in love with her. Everyone at camp knew it. No one hasn't said anything, sure. But it was the truth.

He crumpled the letter and threw it mindlessly. He went back to his cot. Max played there, listening to the crickets. It was the only thing he could do.

His insomnia wasn't letting him sleep. The scare of the robber wasn't going to let him sleep. The idea of Daniel still being out there wasn't going to let him sleep.

Max groaned, getting up from his cot. He made sure to not make much noise and walked out. He made his way over to the mess hall.

When he opened the doors, he saw (Y/n) sitting there. His eyes went to how she held a book, reading under the one light bulb that was on from the kitchen.

Her attention went towards the door to see Max standing there, without his usual hoodie. (Y/n) looked down to see her (F/fandom) PJs and smiled.

"Seems like we're both decided to ditch our hoodies, huh?" (Y/n) offered a smile

Max walked over to her, "Why are you still up?"

(Y/n) raised her eyebrows at the question, "Shouldn't I be asking you that?"

"I came here for a glass of water," Max crossed his arms, "Your the one who's still awake reading,"

(Y/n) looked down at Max, "So, can't sleep?"

Max shook his head.

"Yeah I know the feeling," (Y/n) sighed out

Max sat next to her. He glanced at her book and pointed it out. (Y/n) spoke again.

"It's one of Gwen's old psychology textbooks," (Y/n) explained

"Why would you read that?" Max asked confused

"I've been wanting to expand my horizons," (Y/n) admitted, "I'm currently on Chapter 31, Hallucinations Vs. Delusions,"

Max leaned against (Y/n)'s arm, feeling her slightly tense up. He then spoke up "Why don't you sleep? Are you afraid?"

"It's a lot of issues," (Y/n) admitted, "It also depends on the day, sometimes it's just overthinking or it could be like what we just dealt with today,"

Max nodded, remembering the robber. He looked back up at her, "Are you and David mad at each other?"

"N-no!" (Y/n) face began to burn as she remembered the scene, "We-uh...talked things out,"

Max raised his eyebrows at her sudden change. He back up slightly to see her face flushed as she tried to hide it with the large textbook.

"Wait, what happened?" He asked, crossing his arms

"Nothing happened! You're overthinking it!" (Y/n) buried herself deeper into the book

Max's eyebrows furrowed, "No something happened! You're trying to hide it!"

(Y/n) closed the book, "Okay I think it's time for bed,"

"No! We're not finished here!" Max almost shouted, but (Y/n) ignored him.

She picked him up before putting Max under her arm. The two exited the mess hall with (Y/n) making her way over to his tent. Max the entire time pouted while keeping his arms crossed.

(Y/n) set Max inside his makeshift bed, tucking him in. Max continued to pout at her, trying to show his annoyance.

"Now I'm mad, now watch me as I reject your tuck in!" Max said in a threatening whisper. He then undid the tuck.