I remembered that day. It was a crisp winter morning in Europe. Cabi and I were driving in a car along an outlined road. Snow covered the land, trees were either bare or covered in needles, and the sky overhead was dotted with white clouds.

My wings ached against my back, as they sagged on the seat. My spine was tired, for I always had to sit up, and I hadn't caught a break ever since the car started driving. The both of us were in a rush to get there.

After what seemed like forever, we pulled into a plowed driveway. A medium-sized house stood before us. It's shingles were covered in ice that cascaded downwards. A small, yellow glow emitted from one of the windows towards the right.

Cabi opened the door next to her, and I followed suit. We marched over towards the porch in front of the house, and then to the wooden front door. My partner knocked a few times, and we began to wait.

Then the knob turned.

"Guten tag, womit kann ich Ihnen behilflich sein?" The german on the other side greeted.

However, his helpful persona disintegrated once he fully opened the door. His mouth twitched into a visible frown, and his eyes narrowed.

"Oh...hello. What do you want?" The tone in the man's voice had darkened considerably, and it felt like I had a knife pressed against my neck, though that was all in my head.

"No need to get snappy." Cabi calmly stated. "We simply want to talk with you and your little boyfriend."

That, apparently, had been the wrong thing to say. Germany's shoulders tensed, he clung tightly to the door, and his grimace sunk deeper, "Talk about what exactly?"

"Relations between your countries and mine." My girlfriend answered, as she took her hand and wrapped it around mine.

"Hun, who's at the door?" A foreign voice questioned. I could hear footsteps approaching the entrance.

Cabi smiled, "Poland, so nice to meet you."

The polish boy's eyes widened, his left hand migrated to Germany's shoulder, and his mouth turned into a scowl, "Yeah, I would be glad to meet me too. What do you want?"

It was apparent that things would be difficult between the four of us. They obviously didn't want to talk, whereas we were practically pushing their buttons to get in.

"No need to be so harsh." Cabi dictated, while she stepped closer to the door. "We simply want to talk about relations."

"Why don't you go to our governments then? Relations are something they handle, not us." Germany insisted.

"Because this is a different kind of relation. Talking to your governments about this would lead to uproars across both of your countries, and we wouldn't want that, now would we?"

The two people in front of us furrowed their brows, and glanced at each other, before the door opened for us, "Then let's make this quick, we don't have all day." Poland hissed.

We stepped into the home, "Don't bother talking off your shoes, dear. We'll be going shortly."

"Can I at least take off my coat? My wings are killing me." I begged.

Cabi nodded, "Sure."

The European countries gave us a bit of a strange look. They turned away from us, started walking, and whispers flew between them. We all headed over towards their living room.

Poland and Germany took a seat on a couch, Cabi sat down in a chair, and I stood next to her, since I was sick of sitting.

I quickly unzipped my coat, slipped my arms out of the sleeves, and held it with my hands. My wings, having been set loose, sunk down and unfurled. The duel-colored country, perhaps feeling protective, curled one of his wings around his partner.