― 𝙤𝙣𝙚.

― one

― one. 

"yeong inha."

"kang yeosang."

the girl grinned, staring at the boy across from her. she didn't know why she was feeling so excited, maybe it was because it was the first time she was going against a guy, she could finally let out the frustration that she had been feeling inside. he raised a questioning eyebrow, glancing over at their teacher. "a girl?" he questioned aloud. "isn't this too unfair?" he added, clearly believing that he was going to win. this only excited inha even more.

"afraid?" inha piped in before their teacher could answer. yeosang turned back, scoffing in disbelief as he rolled his eyes.

"just don't cry when i beat you." inha shrugged, nodding her head in agreement before the two split off to either side, getting ready to attack. she knew she was going to win either way, she had no choice. it hadn't been long since inha had joined the martial arts class, and yeosang had been attending since he turned four, so the boy had every right to believe that he would win.

"start!"

-

"good job, my little winner." inha whined in protest as her mother squeezed her cheeks, holding the trophy in one hand. "this can join the others." she grinned, her eyes glistening as she turned to the gold trophy. inha rolled her eyes, knowing that her mother loved her only when she was first place.

"can i quit now?" inha questioned. 

"hm? sure, sure," her mother agreed, taking inha by surprise. "i've already enrolled you for a dance competition next month." a sigh escaped inha's lips, as she knew it was too good to be true. "you'll be starting your classes tomorrow―"

"mother!" her mother finally snapped out of her daze, turning towards her daughter. "you promised." inha reminded with a huff, scowling at her mother. she was sick of the constant back and forth between classes, she had no time to even enjoy the classes as she was pressured to win every competiton.