TWELVE: BEAUTIFUL

04:48 AM, January 27, 2046

I hate you, you know that? [First Name] grit her teeth, staring at the shadow man. He was poking Norman's sleeping face, his form semi-solid for once.

"I think you've become quite fond of me." He chuckled, messing with Norman's curl. He eventually gave up, morphing up to the top bunk in front of her. He laughed at her annoyed expression, his laughter deep and soothing.

Where the fuck did you get that idea?

"I'm in your head, I know everything you think! You think I'm comforting!" He chortled, brushing through her hair.

No, I don't! Why are still you here?! She glared at him, inwardly panicking over being called out. God, she hated him.

"You know why I'm here." He said, making her scoff.

No, I fucking don't, dickwad. She stared, hoping Norman doesn't wake up on the bottom bunk. Leave, before Norman wakes up.

"He can't see me, dear. I'm your subconscious, no one else's. He has his own." The somehow sentient being said, sitting on the bottom bunk with Norman.

Okay, and? He can see me fucking staring at nothing!

He yawned, getting up. "So? You know you don't care. You're just looking for ways to not like me. Quit hiding your fondness!" He laughed.

No. Leave.

"Goodbye, dear."

He disappeared under the bed, which [First Name] found mildly terrifying.

Fucking shadow.

.•° ✿ °•.

"[First Name], apologize. Now. Or else I'll bring in Peter if I have to." The doctor scolded over the speaker, making [First Name] freeze up. She had been refusing over and over to apologize to Norman, but the mention of Peter was a dealbreaker.

"Alright, fine! I'm sorry for pushing you off the top bunk and telling you Emma will never love you." [First Name] said, looking to the side in annoyance. Norman smiled smugly, satisfied, until the doctor spoke again.

"Good. Norman, you apologize too." He said, making Norman huff.

"I'm sorry for telling you the Gracefield kids all thought you deserved to get pushed down the stairs." He sighed, feeling particularly out of character. [First Name] really brings out the worst in him, doesn't she?

"Thank you. Now, for the love of God, stop. fighting." He got off the microphone with a small click, watching the both of them grumble and sit back down on the top bunk on the cameras.

"What do you want to play?" [First Name] shifted around, shuffling the cards. Norman shrugged, making her look at him with irritation. "Answer the damn question."

Norman stayed silent, making her deadpan. "Fine, if you're gonna be like that, let's play tennis. I want an excuse to slap you."

Norman scoffed, waiting for the doctor to intervene, only to be met with complete silence. "Alright."

[First Name] held out her hands as they started playing, both missing until she managed to hit Norman. He sucked in his teeth, holding his hands to his chest. "Alright, we're done, let's just play Uno."