INTERMISSION I

"Wh-what?" He stared up at her, taking a step back

"Wh-what?" He stared up at her, taking a step back. "You're—"

"I'm?" She mocked, picking up her cards and shuffling them. "I'm your roommate. Congratulations, Norman, you get the misfortune of being the person I inconvenience for the next year. Be excited." 

»»————- ➴ ————-««

"What are those pills for?" Norman asked carefully over breakfast one day, making [First Name] look up from her card game to glare at him. 

"Excuse me?" 

"You heard me."

Scoffing, she leaned back in her chair, taking a bite of her breakfast. "Numerous things. I've been a Lambda experiment since birthit's what I was bred for. You wanna know so badly? Fine."

»»————- ➴ ————-««

Hugging her favourite experiment, Elizabeth led [First Name] to the mass experiment rooms, unlocking one of the doors and bringing her over to the corner. "[First Name], this is Barbara, Zazie and Cislo. I hope you'll get along."

Scrunching her nose at the smell and the rot, [First Name] looked around before scanning the three up and down. "Sure." 

»»————- ➴ ————-««

"February 11, 2047. That's the day we'll set it into action."

"And how do you know that?"

"Let's just say I have a few resources."

»»————- ➴ ————-««

Scribbling down fake predictions, [First Name] put the notebook in the transfer box, running her tongue over her teeth. Locking eyes with Norman, she smiled darkly, nodding just enough for him to see.

Initiated.

»»————- ➴ ————-««

"It's my dream. We're connected at a subconscious level by now, I guess."

»»————- ➴ ————-««

'You're still fucking here?  Why can't you just go away?!' [First Name] angrily thought, making the shadow man laugh.

"I'm afraid I can't do that. Not until you realise what you need to do."

"Oh my God, I hate you."

»»————- ➴ ————-««

"Checkmate." Norman smiled at her smugly, watching as she glared at him, enraged.

"You should've been swallowed."

»»————- ➴ ————-««

"The folder!" Ray shouted, fumbling to pull a folder out of his bag. "You said it's called Goldy Pond? You mean a hunting ground?" 

"How the hell do you know that, cyclops?"

"Let's just say I have a few resources."

»»————- ➴ ————-««

"James and Rachael Ratri are William Minerva and Amity Alloway. Siblings. How the hell did [First Name] know that?"

"You're telling me [First Name] had everything that's been happening so far in that folder?"

"Yeah."

»»————- ➴ ————-««

"The folder... I think it's important, Ray. Why would she give it to you without any ulterior motive? I think she was trying to help us in her own twisted, weird way." 

"I think she was just trying to confuse us, Emma!"

»»————- ➴ ————-««