FIVE: GOALS

(First Name) was laying on her back in the loft of the library, her feet kicked up onto the side of the wall, listening to the conversation down below. Human trafficking? That's the best they could think of?

"Please, escape with us!" Emma said, making Don and Gilda smile, nodding. Ray and Norman stayed in the library after the three left, standing in silence.

"I'm glad that worked out well," Norman said, sighing in relief. Ray grabbed him by the shoulder, turning him around.

"Hold on, I disagree! 'We don't know'? 'Save Conny'?! You should've at least said she was dead!" He seemed furious, gripping Norman's shoulder tightly.

"No, I think this was the best option we could've taken for things to go smoothly," Norman said, calm as ever.

"I understand that it'll be harder to get them to side with us if we told them they're going out into a world full of demons, but if they turn out not to be spies, then the lies are just too cruel!" Ray practically yelled, clenching his fists. "Stop giving them a hope that doesn't exist, damnit! When are you going to tell them the truth? How?! Can you even do it?"

"We'll get to that when the time comes. For now, we have to figure out who the traitor is. I'll tell Don that the ropes are hidden under my bed and Gilda that they're in the ceiling of the second-floor bathroom." Norman smiled, his arms crossed on his chest. 

"So you're lying to them, huh?" (First Name) swung her legs over the side of the loft with a shit-eating grin on her face. Norman jumped, whipping his head towards her so fast it hurt.

"Since when were you there?!" Ray asked, stepping forward. She smiled, jumping down, landing harshly on her feet. Walking towards the exit with her hands folded behind her back, she smiled.

"Don't worry, I won't tell Mama of your plans. I have my own personal goals, after all. Besides, watching you scramble to find the traitor is amusing. I'm sure watching this go down will be quite interesting." She looked back at them with a dark look in her eyes, her neck twitching before slamming the door, walking down the hallway loudly.

"Damnit!" Ray threw a book at the wall, clenching his fists. "How is she everywhere?!" 

"Calm down," Norman said, wringing his hands. He certainly didn't seem to be following his own words. "I don't think she's a threat for now, but we need to start checking where she is before we talk about the escape. She's scarily good at hiding her presence and we need to figure out a way around that." 

Ray deflated, cracking his fingers. "Alright. We can talk to Emma about it, she's best at things like that."

"Alright then."

.•° ✿ °•.

"Who do you think Ray is going to frame?" (First Name) asked, playing with a cup-and-ball toy Mama had given her. She flinched when the ball hit her nose, making Mama chuckle. Holding her nose, she whined, pouting. "Oww..." 

"Be careful, sweetheart." Mama smiled, the smile dropping into a smirk when she noticed a paper slip under the door. Unfolding it, she smiled, waving (First Name) over. "So the ropes are around Norman's bed."

"Ooh, so they're gonna think Don's the traitor? That's gonna be kinda fun!" The teenager bounced on her heels, smiling. 

"My, you're hyper, aren't you?" Mama smiled, placing her hand on her daughter's head. (First Name) grinned shyly, looking down. 

"It's almost time for bed, dear. Go sleep." The woman smiled, making (First Name) nod, quietly walking out and to her room, bumping into Ray on the way.