NINE: SOLITAIRE

these next two chapters are going to be a bit shorter than usual, prob under 1.5k words. im closing up this arc rn. tbh i just want this to finish on an even number LMFAOOO im sorry they're short

.•° ✿ °•.

17:27 PM, Wednesday, January 17, 2046

"I don't want to leave you!" [First Name] sobbed, clinging onto Mama's waist. They were sitting on the doorstep of the empty 5th plant, ready to go down to the gate and face the consequences of the escape. [First Name] knew where she was going, she knew what was going to happen. She didn't want to go to Lambda. She wanted to stay with Mama so, so bad. But she couldn't, and it upset her to no end. 

"I know, honey, but you have no choice. I don't think they'll kill me, alright? So I'll see you again, I promise." Mama kissed her forehead, tucking her hair behind her ear (it was down, for once— she's fourteen now, and Mama thought she looked pretty with her hair down) before wrapping her arms around [First Name]'s [body size] frame. 

[First Name] sobbed even harder, her face soaked with salty tears. Isabella hadn't seen her daughter like this in years, and looking at her now was just plain upsetting. [First Name] wasn't the type to break down or throw herself into an emotional wreck, that was common knowledge. She was a mess for two reasons, Isabella presumed: one, she was being separated from her mother for the first time, and two, she was back to being Peter's full-time guinea pig. The experiments weren't what scared her, Isabella knew she'd been desensitized long ago, it was Peter himself. 

At this point, Isabella wasn't sure if she even wanted to know why her daughter was so scared of Peter. 

Wheezing and coughing, [First Name] let out a harsh cry, pulling at her hair. "I, I don't want to— I don't want to go!" She wheezed, crumbling into herself. Sobbing into her knees, sitting on the concrete, she gasped for air, rubbing her eyes harshly. Pinching her arm, she forced herself to stop the tears rolling down her face. Taking in a deep breath, she counted to ten before letting it out.

Whimpering, she pulled her knees up to her chest, trying to regain her composure. "...I'll see you again, right?" She whispered, clinking her kind-of-long nails (she'd stopped biting them recently) together, lightly crumpling the white paper bag full of her medicine with her foot. Mama smiled at her, tears slowly rising in her eyes, kneeling. 

"Of course you will, sweetheart. You're my daughter. I'll always be there for you, whether it be physically or not, and vice versa. You got that?" Mama held out her pinky, a childish thing, but [First Name] had never felt more appreciative. Choking back a sob, she nodded, locking her pinky with her mother's. 

"It's time to go, baby." Mama shakily smiled at her, stroking her hair. Taking in a deep breath, [First Name] nodded, sniffing. 

"Okay. We'll meet each other again." She hugged Mama one last time before turning around and slowly walking to the gate. Hm... Next February? The 7th. Next November, too. 

Stepping inside the creaking gate, she dug her nails into the white paper bag in her hand. 

"Hi, Peter." 

"Dear [First Name]! How are you?" He smiled, leaning down to her height. Twitching, she went to step back, only for her shoulder to be caught. "I said, how are you?" He still had that disgusting smile on his face, making [First Name]'s stomach churn.