FOUR: ANKLE-BITERS

don't skip the authors note if u wanna read some [first name] lore teehee

.•° ✿ °•.

The shadow was there again. It, or rather he, had a different form this time-- instead of a small, circular blob, he was now a tall, thin rectangle with what seemed like human features, albeit mildly deformed.

Why are you here again? [First Name] thought, her teeth clenched, her body once again frozen. 

"I told you," he started, disappearing from the corner of the room and reappearing in front fo her, "I am your subconscious. I am always here."

Well, I know that, shithead! Why are you here physically?  Her fingers itched to start twitching, frozen in their place. It felt as if something was burning her fingers from the inside out, the need to twitch suddenly turning painful. Shoving the pain down, she stared up at the entity, frantically searching for somewhere to see through him. It seemed as if he wasn't as... misty as before.

"My, my, no need to insult me, my dear!" He laughed, a misty tophat forming on his head. "I thought we already talked about this? I'm here to help you dredge up the parts of yourself you refuse to acknowledge."

And why must you do that? I am perfectly fine as I am. She glanced up at the clock, just barely able to see the numbers '3:57' out of her peripheral vision.

"You and I both know that's incorrect, [First Name]. The more you block out your emotions, the more you destroy yourself. I'm sure you know Peter wouldn't be very happy to know his little lab rat is destroying herself, hm?" He leaned over, resting his... Chin? In his... Hands? The [hair colour] didn't know nor did she care, but what she did know was that he had a cheshire grin on his face and she very much wanted to slap it off of him.

Okay, well, I don't really care what Peter thinks. You and I both know that, creep. She mocked, irritated. Stop smiling like that before I banish you back into my brain or something. You're my subconscious, right? That means I have some sort of control over you.

"Well, not exactly!" He snickered, shifting back into the circular blob he was the day before. "I'm sure you know psychology, my dear girl. You can't control your subconscious." He chortled before disappearing into the air, letting [First Name] out of her frozen state.

The second she sat up, her fingers started twitching and she watched as they set each other into a chain reaction, going in circles with each twitch. The girl sighed, feeling the pain from before leaving her hands as they calmed down. Showering and getting dressed, [First Name] stormed into Mama's office, immediately noticing Ray sitting in a chair beside the door. Ignoring him, she quickly rummaged through a file drawer with no files in it, not caring for the way he was looking at her.

She waved her hand towards Mama to the left horizontally, up vertically and then down vertically, watching her nod and turn back to Ray. She felt Ray's eyes on her as he gave Mama his report for the day before, rolling her eyes and pulling out a pill bottle she thought she'd never have to get out. "God, this is bullshit..." She muttered, taking out three medium-sized green pills, 'E2X19' engraved in each of them. Grabbing the spare bottles of her regular morning medicine from the drawer to the left of Ray, she dry swallowed all eight pills before stomping out of the room, still angry.

Who does he think he is? Telling me I need to acknowledge my feelings? That's sappy. Opening the door to Mama's room, [First Name] rubbed her temples. She knew this was going to be a long day.

.•° ✿ °•.

Once again sat in a tree, [First Name] looked down at the three eleven-year-olds, just wanting to go back to the house and sleep. She had a raging headache and it seemed the green pills from the morning had some annoying side effects. Yawning, she just barely listened to their conversation.