"Dude, wait."

Sav

It's T's birthday
Help me choose a gift?

She has attached two pics, one of a snowglobe type of thing but it has planets and stars inside it. Another is a birthday card.

Sav

The snowball thingy

I walk behind Gray out of the door and we walk into her room.

"Gray!"

"What?"

"Stop ignoring me!"

"I'm not ignoring you," she scoffs. "You can ignore someone if you've ever noticed them."

•••

Shiv paces around his room shirtless. I stay sprawled on the bed in one of his hoodies while Gray and Yashika talk about something in the kitchen.

When Shiv finally sits on the bed, I see a scar running down his shoulder blades till the middle of his spine.

"How'd that happen?"

"Delians."

"Delians? They came sll the way to attack you?"

"They didn't," he chuckles. "They sent people, of course."

"How did you know they were from Delians?"

"Crest."

I shake my head. "But why are they even attacking you? You're still a minor."

"I know. But they're maybe thinking that hurting me will get into Gray's head or something. Gray will take over the...empire when she graduates, and that's next year."

"But why the Delians are the only ones who are so active?" I ask. "What about Apraizs?"

"They're trying to keep themselves lowkey," Yashika says as she and Gray walk into the room. "Plus, the Arinez mafia is still headed by Alesandro Arinez, father of Lorai and Lyon Arinez. That bastard might live for another 1000 years."

Mafia.

"But the Delian mafia is sure to go into the hands of Kaira Delian and Zaix Delian," Gray says. "Their plus point is they don't have a father."

"No father? Is Zaira Delian a widow? Or  does she have a wife?"

"Two wives."

"Excuse me?"

"Zaira Delian has two wives," Gray conforms. "Or two lovers. We're not sure. But the Delian offspring have three mothers."

"Damn. And nobody knows?"

"People don't know that Rosalié Sagaz is married either."

I nod. There's a point.

"And our bastard father won't let us have it easy anyways," Shiv says. "I'm telling Gray to kill him but—"

"We can't. And you know it."

•••

"But I don't have a gift."

"Don't worry," Sav assures. "We'll tell we're giving the same gift. You can give her something after we get back."

And so, we enter the party going on in the guest lounge of Delara. Trish stands in the middle of the room in the dress we bought with the school money (ha).

"Happy Birthday," I wish her and she smiles tightly at me. Sav wishes her the same and then everyone's up to there own stuff. When the alcohol starts flowing in, I leave. Not wanting to face Gray, I sit near the swimming pool.

An hour or so later, Trish comes stumbling toward me. I get up to support her and she keeps staring at my face.

"You eyes..." She slurs.

"Yeah," I laugh awkwardly. "I have two of them."

"No..no..your eyes..they look like.. like hers."

My heart skips a beat.

"Like whose?"

"That girl..."

"What girl, Trish? Where is that girl?"

"She disappeared," Trish sloppily shrugs. "Wanna know who made her dissappear?"

My throat constricts. "Who?"

"Aman Bagchi."

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

A/N:

*shameless self promo ahead*

Are yawl into wlw fantasy? If yes, it would be ver very kind of you to check out my other story named When the Stars Align! It's available on kaylixir

Thanks a lot!! Love you all ♡♡