Bucky Barnes

a/n: this is a 40's bucky imagine because tbh 40's bucky >>>

also which character would you guys want a book about??

Bucky and y/n sat at a table together. In some new restaurant they had found when going on their almost daily walk.

The restaurant wasn't very big, but it was still nice. The walls were covered with pictures of people, some were famous who y/n could recognize. The red booths lined the walls, and the tables were set up in the middle of the room. Then there was a bar which customers could sit at as well.

"What can I get you two today?" The waitress, Cynthia, asked.

"I'll just have a coke please." y/n told her.

"Me too." Bucky nodded.

"I'll have those out for you very soon." The waitress smiled before walking away.

"Isn't this place nice, James?" y/n asked looking around as she admired the new place.

"It's alright." Bucky said.

"You don't like it here?" y/n asked looking back to him, tilting her head to the side a little.

"It's just a diner, doll." Bucky chuckled a little.

"Well, I like it." y/n shrugged. "It's cute."

The waitress came back with their drinks, and Bucky excused himself to the bathroom. Almost as soon as he left, a man appeared and sat down in his seat.

y/n looked up at him, surprised. "Yes?"

"Hi, I'm William." The blonde man introduced himself. "What's your name?"

"I'm y/n." She smiled politely. "How can I help you, William?"

"Well, I was actually hoping you'd like to go to dinner with me, tonight?" William asked.

"I don't even know you though." y/n chuckled.

"You can get to know me tonight?" William said with a small smirk.

"Okay." y/n nodded. A small smile formed on her lips as his widened.

"How about I meet you across the street at Joe's at 8?" William asked.

"Alright." y/n said. "I'll see you there, William."

"I'll see you there, y/n." William nodded before getting up and going back to his own table.

Bucky walked back to the table quickly after seeing the man leave. He sat down his eyes were on the man watching him sit back down next to his friends with a smug look.

"Who was that?" Bucky asked with his brows scrunched together.

"His name is William," y/n replied, "And he asked me out for dinner tonight."

"Did you say yes?" Bucky asked. y/n nodded with a small smile, but she frowned when she noticed Bucky's almost angry look.

"What?" She questioned.

"Nothing." Bucky shook his head.

⠉⠉⠉⠉

y/n stood in front of the mirror applying her lipstick as she half listened to Bucky ramble on and on about how she shouldn't go out with William.

"I mean you don't even know this guy. He could kidnap you, and I may never see you again." Bucky said waving his hand around.

"He's not gonna kidnap me, James." y/n chuckled. "Don't be so dramatic."

"At least let me take you to Joe's." Bucky said.

"I'll be fine." y/n grabbed her purse. "Lock the door when you leave, please." y/n quickly kissed Bucky's cheek before leaving.

"Be safe, doll." Bucky called out watching her walk away.

⠉⠉⠉⠉

y/n and William sat beside each other at the bar. y/n sipped her drink as William talked about his father's fabric company that he would soon be taking over. She held a fake smile on her face while listening. She really couldn't care less. William had been talking about himself the whole night, and y/n was over it.

"My father is retiring next week then I'll be running the company." William said. "It needs a lot of work truthfully. The workers are lazy, and they're barely bringing any money in."

"I'm sure you'll be able to turn all that around." y/n said.

"I definitely can." William responded.

"If you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go to the ladies room." y/n said. She stood up, grabbing her purse and walked to the restroom.

After she used the restroom and washed her hands, y/n started walking back to William only to see him flirting with a woman. She shook her head, rolling her eyes before walking to the exit.

⠉⠉⠉⠉

She arrived home and when she opened the door she saw Bucky asleep on the couch. She set her purse down and grabbed a pillow and threw at him making him jump up.

"You're home." Bucky said. "How was the date?"

"Horrible." y/n stated. "Why are you still here?" She asked.

"I wanted to make sure you got back home safe." Bucky answered.

"Well I'm here." y/n sat down next to him. She turned her head to look at him and saw him smirking at her. "What?"

"I told you you shouldn't have gone out with him." Bucky said smugly.

"Shut up." y/n slapped his arm. "How was I supposed to know he'd be an ass?" She defended herself.

"Because I told you he would be." Bucky said in a 'duh' tone.

"Whatever." y/n laughed rolling her eyes. "Are you gonna stay here tonight?"

"If you don't mind." Bucky nodded.

"You know I don't." y/n smiled. "I'm gonna go to bed though. I'm tired." She stood up, but Bucky grabbed her hand pulling her back down. "What?"

He quickly leaned forward pressed his lips against hers. y/n slowly kissed back and pulled him closer.

"Sorry." Bucky mumbled after pulling away.

"Don't be." y/n shook her head leaning in to kiss him again.

I liked this one :)

Send in some requests!!

I hope you enjoyed this. Don't forget to comment and vote please! Thank you for reading 💜