Chapter 34- You're Going To Regret That

Dream POV

"You are so pathetic."

Dream groaned, rubbing his head in the hopes of easing the pain. He collapsed onto the ground, curling in on himself.

"Even more than your father. I didn't think that would ever be possible."

"L-Leave him out of this." Dream stammered, squeezing his eyes shut.

"You don't mean to tell me you actually care about him... oh you do!"

"He's my father still." Dream sat up, feeling the blood that was now dripping from his ears. He shook his head, slowly opening his eyes.

"Oh you humans are so entertaining." 

Suddenly the pain in his head disappeared. Dream looked around in confusion, what happened? 

Skeppy looked at him with worry. "You alright Dream?"

"Do I look alright?" Dream snapped, annoyed by the obvious question.

"Sorry." he muttered, looking down.

Dream sighed, "You didn't do anything wrong." He ran his fingers through his now dirty blonde hair. "It's all my fault."

Skeppy glanced at him, "How is this your fault?"

"If I was just stronger- if I could just resist! Then he couldn't take control of me... everyone wouldn't be in danger..." he exclaimed, a few tears dripping from his green eyes. "I could never forgive myself if something happened to Tubbo... our friends... even Schlatt."

Skeppy shook his head. "You're doing the best you can," he coughed. He wiped the sweat off his forehead, leaning against the wall more. 

"You give me too much credit."

Suddenly the door slammed open and someone was pushed inside. Bad followed behind them, but you could tell it wasn't really Bad. For a moment the demon stared out into space, before collapsing on the ground.

Skeppy caught him, just before he hit the ground. 

Dream studied the other person as he began to sit up. "T-Tommy?"

The blonde looked at him. "Do I know you?"

Dream sighed, "I'm a friend of Techno's... of the entire royal family you could say." 

"Tommy what are you doing here?!" Skeppy exclaimed, gently running his fingers through Bad's hair, being careful around his horns. He hated when people touched them.

"I-I just wanted to help." Tommy muttered, looking down in shame. "Now I've just made things worse."

Skeppy sighed, "They're not looking for us, are they?"

Tommy shook his head, saddened. "They were going to war. I-I'm sorry... they wouldn't listen to me. They promised to find you after." Tears began to pour from his eyes as the guilt became clear. "I-I got so caught up in being home... I should have demanded-"

Dream pulled him into a hug, making Tommy stiffen in surprise. "Relax Tommy, you did your best." Tommy relaxed in his hold, enjoying the comfort it supplied.

Silence lingered in the room for a moment before Bad sat up panting. He looked around, panicked.

"Hey, calm down. You're okay, I'm here." Skeppy told him gently.

"Skeppy!" Bad cried out, engulfing him in a hug. Skeppy winced in pain, but hugged the demon back. Eventually Bad pulled out of the hug, confused at why Tommy was here. "Wait? Prince Tommy? What are you doing here?" His eyes widened as he realized what he said. "Wait? The lost prince... we found you!"