Chapter 31- Our Song

Tommy POV

Tommy's eyes widened as he stepped into the room. It was exactly the way it had been when he had been taken. "This-this is my room?" He couldn't believe how big it was. It was the complete opposite of the room he had at his mother's house.

"Yup, just like you left it." Wilbur chuckled, stepping in beside him. 

Tommy turned around, studying the entire room. Was it really all his? It almost didn't seem right.

Techno looked at him, concerned. "Are you okay Toms? We're not overwhelming you, right?"

Tommy immediately shook his head, "No-no it's not that... it's just- this is really all mine?" He searched their faces, looking for some hint of dishonesty. All he found was concern.

"Of course..." Wilbur spoke slowly, "Did M-she not give you a room?"

"No she did." Tommy looked around once more, still not tired of looking at everything. "It-it just wasn't this nice... and it was significantly smaller."

Techno exchanged a look with the brunette. "Well, don't worry, we'll be spoiling you from now on." Tommy glanced at him, puzzled. "To make up for all the lost time of course." 

Tommy giggled, making the other two smile. 

His eyes drifted towards Wilbur's guitar, abandoned on his bed. Somewhere far away he could still remember it. Sitting on the bed, grinning up at his older brother as he sang. He wondered if they could do it again...

"I remember..." he began, choosing his words carefully. "Wil singing every night before I went to bed." 

Wilbur smiled, "That was one of my favorite things to do." He picked up the guitar, strumming it gently. "I loved how happy it made you."

Tommy sat beside him, fiddling with the blankets. "Do-do you think you could sing for me?" He was terrified Wilbur would say no, but he decided asking wouldn't hurt.

To his surprise Wilbur's eyes lit up at the idea. "You don't have to ask Toms, of course I will." 

Techno sat beside Tommy, sandwiching him between the two. Without even thinking about it, Tommy curled into Techno's side. It just felt so right, especially when Techno put his arm around the blonde, pulling him closer.

"There was a song... that you loved more than any other." Wilbur turned to the younger, "Do you remember?"

Tommy nodded slowly, trying to replay the music in his head. "I-I think so."

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine

 You make me happy when skies are gray

 You'll never know dear, how much I love you

 Please don't take my sunshine away."

Tommy closed his eyes, and for a moment it was perfect. It felt like he had never left, he had never been separated from the people he loved most. He was safe. He leaned further into Techno, seeking his comfort.

"The other night dear, as I lay sleeping

 I dreamed I held you in my arms

 But when I awoke, dear, I was mistaken

 So I hung my head and I cried."

Techno held Tommy protectively, beginning to hum along with the tune. It was soft, barely noticeable, but it was there. Tommy snuggled further into his warmth, feeling the vibrations that sang through his chest. 

"I'll always love you and make you happy,

 If you will only say the same.

 But if you leave me and love another,

 You'll regret it all someday." 

Tommy wished, he wished and he wished. For things to have been different. For his mother not to be so selfish. For him to have known sooner. For him to have fought back. But all of his wishing could never get back the years lost.

"You told me once, dear, you really loved me

 And no one else could come between.

 But now you've left me and love another

 You have shattered all of my dreams."

Now Techno was singing with Wilbur, his voice cracking every once and a while. It was like he was feeling the words he sang. Like they were coming from his heart.

"In all my dreams, dear, you seem to leave me

 When I awake my poor heart pains.

 So when you come back and make me happy

 I'll forgive you dear, I'll take all the blame."

Tommy felt the tears coming and he didn't even try to stop them. He simply leaned more into Techno, listening. He tried to relive the moments he had lost. But he couldn't, it just wasn't the same.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine

 You make me happy when skies are gray

 You'll never know dear, how much I love you

 Please don't take my sunshine away."

Wilbur strummed one more chord before allowing the instrument to ring out. It was a beautiful sound. A sound that made you wonder what we did to deserve music in the first place.

Tommy squeezed his eyes shut, not wanting to show his face. 

Before he knew it, he felt a thumb wiping away his tears. He leaned into the touch, smiling at how gentle it was. It was the opposite of Marian's, who had always been harsh when it came to her son.

"What's wrong Toms?" Wilbur questioned, running his fingers through Tommy's hair.

"I-I just wish I would have known. Maybe-maybe I could have made up more time-" he sobbed.

"Oh Tommy." Techno spoke, resting his thumb on the blonde's cheek. "That's not your fault. Please don't blame yourself." He wrapped his arms around the boy, wanting to take all of his pain away.

Wilbur came on the other side, gently laying back on the bed. The three of them laid there, never wanting to leave. 

Wilbur pressed a kiss to the back of the younger's head, while Techno rested his chin on it. Tommy yawned, nuzzling closer to Techno, feeling the grip on him tighten.

And for once they felt whole again.

--------------------------

Hope you liked it!

Sorry it took me so long to get this one out!

Thank you so much for 30.9K!! I'm so glad all of you enjoy this book! It makes me so happy! :)

Hope you have an amazing day!

-Snowy