Chapter 16- It's Okay to Cry

Tubbo POV

Tubbo looked around, smiling at the forest around him. If he had his way, he would come here more often. But he knew his father hated when he came here, so his visits were few and far in between.

A strange smell filled his nose, making him turn around and look in confusion. Burning? What was burning? That's when he saw the bright light illuminating from... no...

He took off running towards the town. His home that was now burning to the ground. His father... his father was there! Everything seemed to be a blur, with people running around, panicking. He raced towards his house, crashing through the door.

The fire had just begun spreading to his home, giving just enough time to save his father. Please be here, Tubbo begged. Thankfully luck appeared to be on his side as he caught sight of his passed out father.

"Dad! Dad wake up!" Tubbo shouted, nudging him awake.

"W-wha?" the man stirred, the stench of alcohol stained on his lips.

"We have to go now!" Tubbo pulled him up, wrapping an arm around his waist. He managed to balance his passed out father, mostly dragging him towards the door. The fire seemed to be catching up to them, causing him to pick up his pace.

A voice cried out to him and he looked up to see a figure.

"Tubbo!" the man yelled again.

"Wil-l?" he stuttered, coughing.

"Yeah, it's me." Suddenly Wilbur was next to him, laying his dad on the ground. Quickly he turned to Tubbo, cupping his face gently. "You alright?"

"I-I think so." Tubbo nodded, staring at him. Then it dawned on him, "What are you doing here?"

"As soon as we heard about the attack we came. We had to make sure you were alright and help as many people as we can. Luckily, most people are already at the lake." Wilbur explained. He glanced down towards his father.

"My brother is going to kill me." he sighed, shaking his head. He didn't even want to imagine the wrath he was going to have to face now.

"Yeah, I know. But we aren't leaving you two here. Besides he'll be happy to see you." Wilbur reassured him.

"He won't be happy to see him though." 

Wilbur nodded, "Come on." He silently urged him towards his horse. He glanced towards the man laying on the ground. He shook his head before putting his fingers to his lips and letting out a whistle.

Tubbo looked up to see another horse coming towards them with someone on it. Techno. The pink haired man came to a stop beside them, immediately meeting his eyes.

"Tubbo. You okay?" he jumped down, walking towards the boy.

Tubbo bit his lip, slowly nodding. Everything felt so numb at the moment... like it wasn't really happening. He could deal with that later. Focus, he begged himself. Focus. Before he knew it tears were dripping down his cheeks.

Wilbur looked at him, his expression unreadable. Slowly he made his way to the brunette, pulling him into a hug. 

"It's okay to cry, Tubbo. It makes you stronger." 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you liked it!! I started a new book if you would like to check it out! 

Hope you have a wonderful day!!

-Snowy